Subject: Unicode Conference - March 1997 - Reminder

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 15:21:58 +0000 (GMT)

Tenth International Unicode Conference
                                 and
                      Global Computing Showcase

     Europe, Software + the Internet: Going Global with Unicode

                          March 10-12, 1997

                           Mainz, Germany

*********************************************************************

Friends,

On February 10, 1997, the discount for early Conference registration 
ends, as does the reduced cost of Conference hotel rooms.  You have 
one more week to register for both the Conference and the hotel at 
the current reduced rates.

The Tenth International Unicode Conference will bring together
industry-wide experts on the global Internet and Unicode,
internationalization and localization, implementation of Unicode in
operating systems and applications, fonts, text layout, and
multilingual computing.

The Conference will be held in Mainz, the German city where Johannes 
Gutenberg created Europe's first book printed with movable type.  The
information revolution that invention sparked in fifteenth century 
Europe can be compared to the more recent revolution brought about by
the Internet.  One important difference is that this time the effect 
is not limited to any one continent, but is truly global.

Conference Sponsors:
   Accent Software International
   Apple Computer, Inc.
   LISA (Localisation Industry Standards Association)
   Microsoft Corporation
   Netscape Communications Corporation
   Reuters Limited
   Software AG
   Unisys Corporation
   W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
   Zebra Technologies Corporation

Conference Web Sites:
   <http://www.reuters.com/unicode/iuc10>
   <http://www.unicode.org>

Email address:
   <[email-masked]>

Please bring the Conference to the attention of your friends and
colleagues.

Misha Wolf
Chair of Conference Review Board
Tenth International Unicode Conference