Subject: Sad, but true

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 09:39:59 MET DST

To: TC304,I18N,SC22WG20 (apology if you get this 2 or 3 times)
Fm: Rene Haentjens, Digital Equipment Belgium
    [email-masked]

Dear i18n co-workers,

Unfortunaly, my activities in the standardization arena will no longer 
be funded by Digital.

For five years, I have had the occasion to learn much about 
standardization, and about working in an international context across 
company and interest borders. I am grateful for that experience.

I am even more grateful for having met people that, though working in 
very different contexts, would still show interest in me and in my 
work, even friendship. Thanks a lot. Even if we don't meet again, I 
will not forget.

Five years is a very long time to continue doing similar things when 
you work with Digital, but of course it is just a millisecond when 
you're involved with standardization.

I have not lost interest in standards and internationalization, but I 
have lost the time that I can devote to them.

Already in the last couple of months, it became clear that Digital 
wanted me to use my skills and knowledge elsewhere. So my work in the 
standardization arena has been very little lately.

I have done my very best to transfer my humble piece of knowledge to 
other people in the committees that I contributed to - the heavy 
workload in a consultancy project in Belgium obliged me to do so.

So, although, as people assured me, my work has been useful both to 
Digital and to the standardization world, I don't think I'm leaving a 
horrible empty space behind me.

As I said, I will now no longer have time for work related to 
standardization. So please be so kind as to remove me from all your 
mail distribution lists. Of course, I shall continue to welcome 
personal mails and do my best to reply to them.

Tot ziens, au revoir, sto kalo, ...				 Rene.