Subject: "News" list for Unicode announcements

From: [email-masked] (by way of [email-masked] (Michael Everson))
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 20:02:25 +0100

The Unicode Consortium has set up an additional distribution list,
"[email-masked]", to separate general-interest announcements from
detailed discussions of particular topics.

- "[email-masked]" will have announcements of Unicode-related
  publications, papers, conferences, products, and other events, and will
  be moderated.

- "[email-masked]", will remain, and will continue to be unmoderated.
  It should be used for lengthy discussions of specific topics.

If you are on the "[email-masked]" list, you will receive the
"[email-masked]" announcements automatically.

Reqests for additions and deletions should be sent to
"[email-masked]".  Use the appropriate body text as your
message.

   Body Text                           Result
"subscribe unicode"     = you will be added to "unicode" (and to "news")
"subscribe news"        = you will be added to "news" only
"unsubscribe unicode"   = you will be removed from "unicode"
"unsubscribe news"      = you will be removed from "news"

Sincerely,

-- Joan Aliprand
   Secretary, Unicode Consortium