Subject: Re: Proposed 2-letter script code standard

From: [email-masked] (kim kyongsok)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 11:48:03 +0900

To: kskim
Subject: Re: Proposed 2-letter script code standard

:"Dae-han-min-Gug (or Han-gug in short)", and that of NK is
:"Jo-seon Min-ju-ju-eui In-min Gong-hwa-gug (or Jo-seon in short?)".
:The kingdome right before Hangug(SK)/Joseon(NK) was Joseon,
:which collapsed in 1910 (when, Japan colonized the whole Korea).
:Therefore, "Korea" seems funny (at least to me).  
:Actually, many Koreans think that the term "Korea" is simply wrong,
:a misnomer coined by Westerners.
:(Japan has a similar situation: Japan vs. Nippon.)

:Now, I suggest that "Hg" be used instead of "ko"
:(which seems an abbreviation of Korean).

i lost the e-mail address of whchoi.
he preferred Ko to Hg.

Well... In ISO 10646-1, the name is shown as 
Hangul (0x1100 -..., 0xac00-...)
(I guess he might not have noticed this.)

So...  Hangul is the name used in ISO docs for our script.

k kim