Subject: Input methods to enter characters of ISO/IEC 10646

From: [email-masked] (Alain LaBont(e'))
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 16:22:51 +0500

Last week at an ISO/IEC JTC1 SC18/WG9 (person-machine interfaces) we
produced draft 3 of project mentioned in the above title. It will be sent
out for CD registration and ballot in the next weeks.

Those interested in receiving an email copy of the draft, please send me a
private mail indicating whether you want to get it in IBM 850, ISO/IEC
8859-1 or TRANISCI format (the first two formats requires that you can
receive in 8-bit mode, the third one requires the TRANI850 or TRANI819
decoder [of which I can supply BASIC programs, C version for the first one,
plus specs to those who don't have it] to be printed, but can be read
without decoder, even if this is less elegant).

Sorry, there is a data integrity problem if I send it in 7-bit mode uncoded...

Alain LaBont(e')                       . 875, Grande-All(e')e Est, 4C
Service : prospective et francisation   . Qu(e')bec, QC, CA 
Secr(e')tariat du Conseil du tr(e')sor   . T(e')l +1 418 643 7229
Gouvernement du Qu(e')bec                 . Fax   +1 418 646 3571
......................................................................
<- Qu(e')bec                   fr = "{Quel bec!}" (Champlain) 
 = Kopek/Kipek/{Kebek}/Gebek   lng algonquiennes=passage r(e')tr(e')ci
 = City of Qu(e')bec           en = capital of QC, 1 540 680 square km
 = Upishtikueiau               {iu?} {innu, montagnais}
 = Ku(i') B(e<)i K(e`)         zh (chinois)=Le grand ma(i>)tre du Nord