Subject: Re: sequence numbers on i18n

From: [email-masked] (Yasushi Nakahara)
Date: Fri Nov 9 12:18:29 JST 1990

Keld,

Thank you for setting up of the i18n mailing list and the sequencer.
I received the email as follows.

: Date: Wed, 7 Nov 90 23:02:26 +0100
: From: Keld J|rn Simonsen <ccut!dkuug.dk!keld>
: X-Sequence: [email-masked] 3
: Errors-To: ccut!dkuug.dk!wg15rin-request
: X-Sequence: [email-masked] 1
: Errors-To: ccut!dkuug.dk!i18n-request
: Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
: To: dkuug.dk!i18n
: Subject: sequence numbers on i18n
: 
: I have now put sequence numbers on the [email-masked] list.
: Should hve done that from the beginning... Well, well.

Let me suggest again that the sequence number be in a different way from
what you have implemented now.  I would like to propose that a sequence
number of email be added in the "subject" line like this:-

		To: [email-masked]
		Subject: (i18n #n) ...
			or
		Subject: (I18N n) ...

	[Note 1: I know well that "#" sign is not appropriate for
	international use, such as in Denmark.]

	[Note 2: To achieve this, I sent my tool to you in July for the
	wg15rin mailing list (did you receive it?), which tool is written
	in shell language using "sed", "link/unlink" and so forth.
	It works well in System V environment, however I don't know it can
	also run in your environment.  Please check it or contact other
	people (such as X/Open members) to get an appropriate alternative.]

Also, it should be noted that this requirement is true for ISO/SC22/WG14,
ISO/SC22/WG15/RIN (both are maintained by Keld) and ISO/SC22/WG15 (Jim is
going to set up) emails.  Please take this into your consideration.

Best Regards,

Yasushi Nakahara         
TOSHIBA Corp.    Phone: +81 472-77-8670   Fax: +81 472-79-2628
                 Email: [email-masked], [email-masked],
			[email-masked]