Subject: Coded Character Sets in ISO International Register

From: [email-masked] (Yasushi Nakahara)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 92 13:01:56 JST

Dear i18n experts worldwide:

For your information, I'm enclosing a list of "internationally authorized"
coded character sets in ISO International Register (ISO-IR) as of September,
1992.  As you may have already known, some levels of ISO 10646-1 (UCS) are
now also registered in the ISO-IR. See the attached list for more details.

Please understand that the following are my intention of this distribution.

     -  I would like to share ISO-IR information with all concerned people.
     -  Since my list of ISO-IR has some missing information and may have
        wrong information, I would like to collect and correct them by your
        feedback.

        In particular, I would like to ask you the following things.

        a) I've heard that ISO 646-IRV has been updated in 1991 (in a 
           upward compatible manner) to be exactly the same as "ASCII".
           However, I have received no information from ECMA or ISO about
           a registration update of ISO 646-IRV with an appropriate
           "revision" escape sequence.   Does anyone know detailed
           information about this?

        b) The ISO-IR Update September 1992 does not include new Asian
           coded character sets such as:

                - KS C 5657-1991        (Korean new standard)
                - GB 7589-87, GB 7590-87, GB 8565-89, GB 12345-90
                                        (Chinese new standards)

           Does anybody know the current status of these sets in their
           registration process?

        c) I know the fact that Taiwan has several regional standards of
           their character sets such as TCA-CNS 11643 family, unfortunately
           which are not registered in the ISO-IR for political reasons.
           However, I've also heard that they are using some private escape
           sequences for such coded character sets in accordance with ISO
           2022.

           Could anyone provide me such escape sequences for Taiwanese sets?

     -  I'm so curious to know correspondence between ISO 10646/MBP (or
        Unicode V1.1) and such already-registered coded character sets in
        the ISO-IR that I would like to collect the following information
        from your voluntary feedback.

        1) What coded character sets (code-sets) in the ISO-IR you usually
           use and what code-sets should be supported in your country/region
           or in your company?

        2) If your major code-sets are not registered in the ISO-IR, what
           are they?  Well-known examples are EBCDIC, Taiwanese code-sets
           and Shift-JIS.

        3) Mapping of such code-sets to/from ISO 10646-1.

           For example, does the code-set have a unique subset ID of 10646?

           Or, such code conversions can be easily done by simple algorithms?

        4) Another information such as "language" and "territory" for which
           the designated code-sets are used.

        For your help, let me show you a Japanese example;

        Language    Territory   Code-Sets                       10646 mapping
        (ISO 639)   (ISO 3166)  (ISO IR)                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Japanese    JAPAN       IR-14 (JIS X0201 Roman)         easy
                                IR-13 (JIS X0201 Katakana)      somehow
                                IR-42 or IR-87 or IR-168        difficult
                                (JIS X0208 Japanese)
                                IR-159 (JIS X0212 Japanese)     difficult

I'm looking forward to your active feedback.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year!

Best Regards,

Yasushi Nakahara         
TOSHIBA Corp.            Phone: +81 428-32-0722   Fax: +81 428-32-0408
                         Email: [email-masked] | ..!tsbome!ynk |
                                [email-masked] | [email-masked]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

                          CODED CHARACTER SETS
                                  IN
                       ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

                              1992 Version

                            Yasushi Nakahara
                                TOSHIBA

This document is intended to make a complete list of the existing coded
character sets that are registered in the ISO document "INTERNATIONAL
REGISTER OF CODED CHARACTER SETS TO BE USED WITH ESCAPE SEQUENCES"
(maintained by ECMA *1 , Switzerland).

Note that these coded character sets are designed based on ISO 2022 *2
and are registered in accordance with ISO 2375 *3.

Section 1 summarizes ISO 2022 Escape Sequence and Section 2 provides a
complete list of coded character sets registered in the ISO
International Register (ISO IR).  Finaly, in Section 3 identification
rules of ISO IR is excerpted from ISO 2375.

1.  Summary of ISO 2022 Escape Sequence

   o Escape Sequence for 94-Character Graphic Character Sets

          G0      ESC 2/8  F              : ESC '(' F
          G1      ESC 2/9  F              : ESC ')' F
          G2      ESC 2/10 F              : ESC '*' F
          G3      ESC 2/11 F              : ESC '+' F

   o Escape Sequence for 96-Character Graphic Character Sets

          G1      ESC 2/13 F              : ESC '-' F
          G2      ESC 2/14 F              : ESC '.' F
          G3      ESC 2/15 F              : ESC '/' F

__________

 *1. European Computer Manufactures Association

 *2. ISO 2022, ISO 7-bit and 8-bit coded characters - Code extension
     techniques.

 *3. ISO 2375, Procedure for registration of escape sequences

September 1992 Update              -1-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

   o Escape Sequence for Multiple-Byte Graphic Character Sets

          G0      ESC 2/4 F               : ESC '$' F
                  ESC 2/4 2/8  F          : ESC '$' '(' F
          G1      ESC 2/4 2/9  F          : ESC '$' ')' F
          G2      ESC 2/4 2/10 F          : ESC '$' '*' F
          G3      ESC 2/4 2/11 F          : ESC '$' '+' F

   o Escape Sequence for C0 Control Character Sets

          C0      ESC 2/1  F              : ESC '!' F

   o Escape Sequence for C1 Control Character Sets

          C1      ESC 2/2  F              : ESC '"' F

   o Escape Sequence for Other Coding Systems
     [A means to designate and invoke a coding system different from
     that of ISO 2022]

          Standard Return Means:

                  ESC 2/5  4/0            : ESC '%' '@'

          Other Coding System with Standard Return:

                  ESC 2/5 (In Im) F       : ESC '%' (...) F

          Other Coding System without Standard Return:

                  ESC 2/5  2/15   F       : ESC '%' '/' F

   o Escape Sequence of Revisions

                  ESC 2/6  F              : ESC '&' F

     [ ESC 2/6 F, when used, shall immediately precede a designating
     escape sequence and indicate a revision of a registered set.
     F specifies the revision number 1 to 63 by taking values 4/0 to
     7/14.  For example:

      ESC 2/6 4/0 ESC 2/4 4/2 : designate JIS X 0208 Revision 1 to G0.]

September 1992 Update              -2-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

2.  List of Coded Character Sets in the ISO International Register

The following is a list of coded character sets in the ISO International
Register.  The list consists of the the following columns.

   o Reg.Date :  Date of registration of the coded character set

   o Reg# :  Registration number of the coded character set

   o Type :  Type of the coded character set

       C0      Control Character set for C0
       C1      Control Character set for C1
       SB94    Single-byte Graphic Character set with 94 character grids
       SB96    Single-byte Graphic Character set with 96 character grids
       MB94    Multi-byte Graphic Character set with 94 x 94 character grids
       SCF     Single Control Functions
       Other1  Other Coding Systems with standard return
       Other2  Other Coding Systems without standard return

   o Contents :
     Brief description of the coded character set.  National Register
     Number may optionally be addressed.

   o Final byte :
     Final character of the escape sequence (F) for the coded character
     set.  Entire sequence is determined by the type of the set and the
     designation area like C0, C1, G0, G1, G2 and G3.

     For a revision of a registered set, the revision number is also
     indicated in the Final Byte column as follows:

        F (R)  ; F is the final character and R is the revision number.

     Refer to Section 1 for the actual sequences.

   o Page# :
     This denotes the page number in the ISO International Register
     document, where the coded character set is described in detail. For
     example, 3.469 means Chapter 3 and Page 469 in that document.

Note that Annex B.3 "Identification of Registration" of ISO 2375
describes:

     Registrations should be identified by " ISO-IR" followed by the
     registration number.

     Example:

          ISO-IR 16

     means the particular ISO 646 version for the Portuguese language
     registered on December 30, 1976 with the registration number 16.

September 1992 Update              -3-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date    Reg#   Type   Contents                         Final    Page#
                                                            byte
___________________________________________________________________________
1975.12.01    1     C0     C0 Set of ISO 646                4/0      4.2
1975.12.01    2     SB94   IRV of ISO 646                   4/0      3.2
              3            ?
1975.12.01    4     SB94   ISO 646, British Version         4/1      3.8
                           BSI 4730
              5            ?
1975.12.01    6     SB94   ISO 646, USA Version             4/2      3.14
                           X3.4 - 1968
1975.12.01    7     C0     NAPS, C0 Set                     4/1      4.9
1975.12.01   8-1    SB94   NATS, Primary Set                4/3      3.20
                           for Finland and Sweden
1975.12.01   8-2    SB94   NATS, Secondary Set              4/4      3.28
                           for Finland and Sweden
1975.12.01   9-1    SB94   NATS, Primary Set                4/5      3.31
                           for Denmark and Norway
1975.12.01   9-2    SB94   NATS, Secondary Set              4/6      3.39
                           for Denmark and Norway
1975.12.01    10    SB94   ISO 646, Swedish Version         4/7      3.42
                           SEN 85020 (Ann. B)
1975.12.01    11    SB94   ISO 646, Swedish Version for     4/8      3.49
                           Names.  SEN 850200 (Ann. C)
              12           ?
1975.12.01    13    SB94   Katakana Character Set           4/9      3.56
                           JIS C 6220-1969
1975.12.01    14    SB94   ISO 646, Japanese Version        4/10     3.61
                           for Roman Characters
                           JIS C 6220-1969
1976.02.01    15    SB94   ISO 646, Version for Italian     5/9      3.68
                           ECMA (Olivetti)
1975.12.01    16    SB94   ISO 646,Version for Portuguese   4/12     3.163
                           ECMA (Olivetti)
1976.02.01    17    SB94   ISO 646, Version for Spanish     5/10     3.73
                           ECMA (Olivetti)
1976.02.01    18    SB94   Character Set for Greek          5/11     3.78
                           ECMA (Olivetti)
1976.02.01    19    SB94   Latin-Greek Character Set        5/12     3.83
                           ECMA (Olivetti)
              20           ?
1975.12.01    21    SB94   ISO 646, German Version          4/11     3.88
                           DIN 66003
              22           ?
              23           ?
              24           ?
1975.12.01    25    SB94   ISO 646, French Version          5/2      3.93
                           NF Z 62010-1973
1976.03.25    26    C0     IPTC, C0 Set                     4/3      4.14
1976.04.01    27    SB94   Latin-Greek Character Set,       5/5      3.100
                           ECMA (Honeywell-Bull)
              28           ?
              29           ?
              30           ?

September 1992 Update              -4-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date     Reg#   Type   Contents                         Final    Page#
                                                              byte
____________________________________________________________________________
1976.08.13     31    SB94   Greek Character Set              5/8      3.105
                            for Bibliography, ISO 5428
1976.12.30     32    SCF    DISABLE MANUAL INPUT (DMI),      6/0      5.1
                            ECMA-48 (1986)
1976.12.30     33    SCF    INTERRUPT (INT),                 6/1      5.2
                            ECMA-48 (1986)
1976.12.30     34    SCF    ENABLE MANUAL INPUT (EMI),       6/2      5.3
                            ECMA-48 (1986)
1976.12.30     35    SCF    RESET TO INITIAL STATE (RIS),    6/3      5.4
                            ECMA-48 (1986)
1977.10.15     36    C0     C0 Set of ISO 646 with SS2       4/4      4.18
                            instead of IS4
19879.05.30    37    SB94   Basic Cyrillic Character Set,    4/14     3.112
                            ECMA (Cii Honeywell-Bull) and
                            ISO 5427
1979.06.15     38    SB94   Extended Graphic Character Set   4/15     3.112
                            for Bibliography,
                            DIN 31624
1979.06.15     39    SB94   Character Set for African        4/13     3.123
                            Languages,
                            DIN 31625 and ISO 6438
1979.07.15     40    C1     Additional Control Functions     4/5      4.25
                            for Bibliographic Use
                            according to DIN 31626
               41           ?
1979.12.30     42    MB94   Japanese Character Set           4/0      3.128
                            JIS C 6226-1978
               43           ?
               44           ?
               45           ?
               46           ?
1981.06.01     47    SB94   Character Set for Viewdata and   5/6      3.143
                            Teletext (UK)
1981.07.15     48    C0     INIS, Control Set                4/2      4.29
1981.07.15     49    SB94   INIS, Sub-set of the IRV         5/7      3.148
1981.07.15     50    SB94   INIS, Non-standard Extension     5/13     3.153
                            of Reg.49
1981.07.15     51    SB94   INIS, Cyrillic Extension of      5/14     3.158
                            Reg.49
               52           ?
1982.06.01     53    SB94   Extended Graphic Character Set   5/0      3.168
                            for Bibliography
                            ISO 5416-1980
1982.06.01     54    SB94   Extension of the Cyrillic        5/1      3.174
                            Character Set of Reg.37,
                            ISO 5427-1981
1982.06.01     55    SB94   Greek Character Set              5/3      3.180
                            for Bibliography,
                            ISO 5428-1980
1982.06.01     56    C1     Attribute Control Set for UK     4/0      4.32
                            Videotex.  British Telecom

September 1992 Update              -5-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date    Reg#   Type   Contents                         Final    Page#
                                                             byte
___________________________________________________________________________
1982.06.01    57    SB94   Coded Character Set              5/4      3.186
                           for Information Interchange,
                           Chinese Standard GB 1988-80
1982.06.01    58    MB94   Chinese Character Set,           4/1      3.191
                           Chinese Standard GB 2312-80
1982.06.01    59    SB94   Arabic Character Set CODAR-U     5/15     3.206
                           IERA (Morocco)
1982.06.01    60    SB94   ISO 646, Norwegian Version       6/0      3.211
                           NS 4551
1982.06.01    61    SB94   Norwegian Character Set,         6/1      3.216
                           Version 2, NS 4551
1982.08.20    62    SCF    LOCKING-SHIFT TWO (LS2),         6/14     5.5
                           ISO 2022, ECMA-48 (1986)
1982.08.20    63    SCF    LOCKING-SHIFT THREE (LS3),       6/15     5.6
                           ISO 2022, ECMA-48 (1986)
1982.08.20    64    SCF    LOCKING-SHIFT THREE RIGHT        7/12     5.7
                           (LS3R),
                           ISO 2022, ECMA-48 (1986)
1982.08.20    65    SCF    LOCKING-SHIFT TWO RIGHT          7/13     5.8
                           (LS2R),
                           ISO 2022, ECMA-48 (1986)
1982.08.20    66    SCF    LOCKING-SHIFT ONE RIGHT (LS1R)   7/14     5.9
                           ISO 2022, ECMA-48 (1986)
1983.06.01    67    C1     Additional Control Functions     4/2      4.38
                           for Bibliographic Use
                           according to ISO 6630
1983.06.01    68    SB94   APL Character Set,               6/5      3.221
                           Canadian APL WG
1983.06.01    69    SB94   ISO 646, French Version          6/6      3.227
                           NF Z 62010-1982
1983.10.01    70    SB94   Supplementary Set for Videotex   6/2      3.232
                           CCITT
1983.10.01    71    SB94   Second Supplementary Set         6/3      3.238
                           for Videotex (Mosaic), CCITT
1983.10.01    72    SB94   Third Supplementary Set          6/4      3.243
                           for Videotex (Mosaic), CCITT
1983.10.01    73    C1     Attribute Control Set            4/1      4.42
                           for Videotex, CCITT
1983.10.01    74    C0     C0 for Japanese Standard         4/6      4.48
                           JIS C 6225-1979
              75           ?
              76           ?
1983.10.01    77    C1     C1 Control Set of ISO 6429-      4/3      4.55
                           1983
              78           ?
              79           ?
              80           ?
              81           ?
              82           ?
              83           ?

September 1992 Update              -6-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date    Reg#   Type   Contents                         Final    Page#
                                                             byte
___________________________________________________________________________
1984.07.01    84    SB94   ISO 646, Version for             6/7      3.248
                           Portuguese, ECMA (IBM)
1984.07.01    85    SB94   ISO 646, Version for the         6/8      3.253
                           Spanish languages,
                           ECMA (IBM)
1984.07.01    86    SB94   ISO 646, Hungarian Version       6/9      3.258
                           Hungarian Standard 7795/3
1984.07.01    87    MB94   Japanese Character Set,          4/2      3.263
                           JIS C 6226-1983
1984.07.01    88    SB94   Greek Character Set              6/10     3.277
                           ELOT, Hellenic Organization
                           for Standardization
1985.01.01    89    SB94   7-bit Arabic Code                6/11     3.282
                           for Information Interchange,
                           Arab Standard ASMO-449,
                           ISO 9036
1985.01.01    90    SB94   Supplementary Set for Use with   6/12     3.287
                           Reg.2
1985.04.01    91    SB94   Japanese OCR-A Graphic Set       6/13     3.293
                           JIS C 6229-1984
1985.08.01    92    SB94   Japanese OCR-B Graphic Set       6/14     3.299
                           JIS C 6229-1984
1985.08.01    93    SB94   Japanese OCR-B, Additional       6/15     3.305
                           Graphic Set
                           JIS C 6229-1984
1985.08.01    94    SB94   Japanese Basic Hand-printed      7/0      3.310
                           Graphic Character Set for OCR
                           JIS C 6229-1984
1985.08.01    95    SB94   Japanese Additional Hand-        7/1      3.316
                           printed Graphic Character Set
                           for OCR, JIS C 6229-1984
1985.08.01    96    SB94   Katakana Hand-printed Graphic    7/2      3.318
                           Character Set for OCR,
                           JIS C 6229-1984
              97           ?
1985.08.01    98    SB94   E13B Graphic Character Set,      7/3      3.323
                           Japanese National Committee
                           for ISO/TC97/SC2
1985.08.01    99    SB94   Supplementary Set of Graphic     7/4      3.328
                           Characters for Videotex and
                           Teletex
                           ANSI and CSA
1986.02.01   100    SB96   Right-Hand Part of Latin         4/1      3.352
                           Alphabet No.1,
                           ISO 8859/1, ECMA-94
1986.02.01   101    SB96   Right-Hand Part of Latin         4/2      3.358
                           Alphabet No.2,
                           ISO 8859/2, ECMA-94
1985.08.01   102    SB94   Teletex Primary Set of Graphic   7/5      3.334
                           Characters,
                           CCITT Rec. T.61

September 1992 Update              -7-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date    Reg#   Type   Contents                         Final      Page#
                                                             byte
_____________________________________________________________________________
1985.08.01   103   SB94    Teletex Supplementary Set of     7/6        3.340
                           Graphic Characters,
                           CCITT Rec. T.61
1985.08.01   104   C0      Minimum C0 Set for ISO 4873      4/7        4.62
1985.08.01   105   C1      Minimum C1 Set for ISO 4873      4/7        4.65
1985.08.01   106   C0      Teletex Primary Set of Control   4/5        4.68
                           Functions
                           CCITT Rec. T.61
1985.08.01   107   C1      Teletex Supplementary Set of     4/8        4.72
                           Control Functions
                           CCITT Rec. T.61
1985.08.01   108   Other1  Syntax of North American         4/1        6.1
                           Videotex/Teletex Presentation
                           Level Protocol (NAPLPS),
                           ANSI X3.110-1983, CSA T
                           500-1983
1986.02.01   109   SB96    Right-Hand Part of Latin         4/3        3.364
                           Alphabet No.3,
                           ISO DIS 8859/3, ECMA-94
1986.02.01   110   SB96    Right-Hand Part of Latin         4/4        3.370
                           Alphabet No.4,
                           ISO DIS 8859/4, ECMA-94
1985.08.01   111   SB96    Right-Hand Part of               4/0        3.346
                           Latin/Cyrillic Alphabet,
                           ECMA-113 (Version of June
                           1986)
             112           ?
             113           ?
             114           ?
             115           ?
             116           ?
             117           ?
             118           ?
             119           ?
             120           ?
1986.02.01   121   SB94    Alternate Primary Graphic Set    7/7        3.376
                           No.1
                           CSA Standard Z 243.4-1985
1986.02.01   122   SB94    Alternate Primary Graphic Set    7/8        3.382
                           No.2,
                           CSA Standard Z 243.4-1985
1986.02.01   123   SB96    General Purpose Supplementary    4/5        3.388
                           Graphic Set,
                           CSA Standard Z 243.4-1985
1986.02.01   124   C1      Upward Compatible Version of     4/2 (4/0)  4.76
                           ISO 6630 (Registration 67)
1986.11.30   125   Other1  Virtual Terminal Service         4/2        6.3
                           Transparent Set,
                           ISO 9040 and ISO 9041

September 1992 Update              -8-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date    Reg#   Type     Contents                         Final    Page#
                                                               byte
_____________________________________________________________________________
1986.11.30   126    SB96     Right-Hand Part of Latin/Greek   4/6      3.394
                             Alphabet,
                             ISO 8859/7, ECMA-118, Standard
                             ELOT 128
1986.11.30   127    SB96     Right-Hand Part of               4/7      3.400
                             Latin/Arabic Alphabet,
                             ISO 8859/6, ECMA-114
1986.11.30   128    SB94     Supplementary Set of Graphic     7/12     3.405
                             Character for CCITT Rec.
                             T.101, Data Syntax III
1986.11.30   129    SB96     Supplementary Set of Mosaic      7/13     3.411
                             Characters for CCITT Rec. 101,
                             Data Syntax III
1987.07.31   130    C0       C0 Set of ISO 646 without SI     4/8      4.80
                             and SO
                             ASMO-662 and COMECON ST SEV
                             358
1987.07.31   131    Other1   Data Syntax I of CCITT Rec.      4/3      6.5
                             T.101
1987.07.31   132    C0       Primary Control Set of Data      4/9      4.85
                             Syntax I of CCITT Rec. T.101
1987.07.31   133    C1       Supplementary Control Set of     4/4      4.89
                             Data Syntax I of CCITT Rec.
                             T101
1987.07.31   134    C0       Primary Control Set of Data      4/10     4.93
                             Syntax II of CCITT Rec. T.101
1987.07.31   135    C0       Primary Control Set of Data      4/11     4.97
                             Syntax III of CCITT Rec. T.101
1987.07.31   136    C1       Supplementary Control Set of     4/6      4.102
                             Data Syntax III of CCITT Rec.
                             T101
1986.11.30   137    SB94     Mosaic-1 Set of Data Syntax I    7/9      3.417
                             of CCITT Rec. T.101
1987.07.31   138    SB96     Latin/Hebrew Alphabet Standard   4/8      3.422
                             ECMA-121
1987.07.31   139    SB96     Right-hand Part for              4/9      3.427
                             Czechoslovak Standard
                             CSN 369103
1987.07.31   140    C0       C0 Set of ISO 646 with EM        4/12     4.110
                             replaced by SS2
                             Czechoslovak Standard 369102
1987.07.31   141    SB94     Serbocroatian and Slovenian      7/10     3.433
                             Latin Alphabet
1988.10.01   142    SB96     Supplementary Set of Latin       4/10     3.438
                             Alphabetic and non-Alphabetic
                             Graphic Character
1988.05.01   143    SB96     Technical Set                    4/11     3.444
                             IEC Symbols Publication 27-1
1988.05.01   144    SB96     Cyrillic part of the             4/12     3.449
                             Latin/Cyrillic Alphabet,
                             ECMA-113, ISO 8859/5

September 1992 Update              -9-            Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date    Reg#   Type     Contents                         Final     Page#
                                                               byte
_______________________________________________________________________________
1988.05.01   145    Other1   Data Syntax II of CCITT Rec.      4/4       6.7
                             T.101
1988.10.01   146    SB94     Serbocroatian Cyrillic Alphabet,  7/11      3.454
                             Yugoslavian Standards JUS
                             I.Bl.003
1988.10.01   147    SB94     Macedonian Cyrillic Alphabet,     7/13      3.459
                             Yugoslavian Standards JUS
                             I.Bl.004
1988.10.01   148    SB96     Right-Hand Part of Latin          4/13      3.464
                             Alphabet No.5,
                             ECM-128
1988.10.01   149    MB94     Korean Graphic Character Set      4/3       3.469
                             for Information Interchange
                             KS C 5601-1987
1988.11.01   150    SB94     Greek Primary Set of Graphic      2/1 4/0   3.484
                             Characters,
                             CCITT
1989.07.01   151    SB94     Graphic Character Set of the      2/1 4/1   3.490
                             Republic Cuba - 646 variant
                             NC 99-10:81
1989.07.01   152    SB96     Residual Characters of ISO        4/14      3.495
                             6937-2:1983 (cf ISO 4873
                             Level3)
                             SIS-ITS
1989.12.01   153    SB96     Basic Cyrillic Character Set      4/15      3.500
                             for 8-bit Codes
                             GOST Std 19768-74, ST SEV
                             358-88
1990.03.01   154    SB96     Supplementary Set for Latin       5/0       3.505
                             Alphabets 1, 2 and 5
                             ISO 4873, ISO 8859
1990.04.16   155    SB96     Basic Box-Drawings Set            5/1       3.510
                             ISO/IEC DIS 10367 for use in
                             ISO 4873
1991.12.15   156    SB96     Supplementary ISO/IEC             5/2       3.515
                             6937:1992
1992.09.07   157    SB96     Latin Alphabet No.6,              5/6       3.549
                             Supplementary Set
                             ISO 4873, ISO 8859 (for
                             Northern Europe)
1992.07.13   158    SB96     Sami (Lappish) Supplementary      5/8       3.554
                             Set, A version of ISO 4873
                             using ISO 8859 method for
                             historic Lappish characters
1991.12.15   159    MB94     Supplementary Japanese            4/4       3.520
                             Character Set,
                             JIS X 0212-1990
1992.07.13   160    Other1   Photo-Videotex Data Syntax of     4/5       6.9
                             CCITT Recommendation T.101
1992.07.13   161    Other1   Audio Data Syntax of CCITT        4/6       6.11
                             Recommendation T.101

September 1992 Update              -10-           Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)


CODED CHARACTER SETS                           IN ISO INTERNATIONAL REGISTER

Reg. Date    Reg#   Type     Contents                         Final     Page#
                                                               byte
______________________________________________________________________________
1992.07.13   162    Other2   ISO/IEC 10646-1, UCS-2 Level 1   2/15 4/0  6.13
1992.07.13   163    Other2   ISO/IEC 10646-1, UCS-4 Level 1   2/15 4/1  6.15
1992.07.13   164    SB96     Hebrew Supplementary Set of      5/3       3.534
                             Graphic Characters
                             CCITT
1992.07.13   165    MB94     Codes of the Chinese Graphic     4/8       3.559
                             Character Set for Communication
                             Sponsored by CCITT, Combination
                             of GB 2312 and GB 8565.2
1992.07.13   166    SB96     Thai Character Set               5/4       3.539
                             Thai Industrial Standard TIS
                             620-2533 (1990)
1992.07.13   167    SB96     Arabic/French/German Set         5/5       3.544
                             Sponsored by ECMA, Combination
                             of ISO 4873, 8859-6 and 8859-1
1992.07.13   168    MB94     Japanese Graphic Character Set   4/2 (4/0) 3.587
                             for Information Interchange
                             JIS X 0208-1990 (Update of 87)
             169
             170
______________________________________________________________________________

3.  Identification of Registration (excerpt from ISO 2375)

The following is an excerpt from ISO 2375 Annex B (Normative) regarding
identification of registered sets in ISO IR.

   Annex B.3 Identification of Registration:
   
   Registration should be identified by "ISO-IR" followed by the
   registration number.
   
   Example:
   
      ISO-IR 14
   
   for the particular ISO 646 version for the Portugese language
   registered on December 30, 1976.
   
      ISO-IR 48
   
   for the set of control functions registered on July 15, 1981.
   
   Identification using the contents of fields "name" and "origin" of the
   cover page should preferably be avoided, unless the "origin" field
   specifies a national or International Standard.

September 1992 Update              -11-           Yasushi Nakahara (Toshiba)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
EOF