Subject: Re: new mailing software

From: Keld J|rn Simonsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 91 17:00:15 +0200

At the SC22 plenary this week several things were decided on email.

SC22 have asked for email services to be used thruout the SC, and
I volunteered to undertake this service.

A naming scheme were decided which could be used for the whole
of JTC1  - after a proposal from Britain. It is 

   SC<n>WG<m>

I have thus created the new lists SC22WG14 SC22WG15 and SC22WG15RIN.
The old lists wg14 wg15 and wg15rin are retained for convenience,
but they are just an alias for the newer lists.
The *-request lists (in most cases just an alias for me) have also been
changed, and I have not retained the old *-request addresses.

Note that the new lists have capital letters, but that is
not significant when mailing.

The mailings now have a dot "." in the reference numbering,
this is along the lines being used in WG14. It is meant for
easy reference and identification in other email or in WG papers.

I have thought of removing the parenthesises around the
sequence reference, to allow longer real subjects.
Comments wanted!

For SC22WG14 and SC22WG15 mailings a new service is available.
All back articles and some more information is available via
FTP and email. The following files exist:

           <number>    the sequence number
           list        the email address list
           latest      the latest article number received

They reside in the directory dkuug.dk:JTC1/SC22/WG14 or WG15 .
The internet number is 129.142.96.41. FTAM is also available.
To get access  via email, send a mail to

    [email-masked]
    Subject: files JTC1/SC22/WG14
    Names: list 22

(gets article number 22 and the address list for WG14).

Please note that case is significant with this email service
and also with FTP and FTAM. Help is available with a subject of
"help" to the archive server, or if you make an error...

This service is not available to WG15RIN, as there are 
copyrighted material in the archive. I would like this to be discussed
on email in SC22WG15RIN. 

If any problems occur, please notify me.

Keld