Subject: Re: (XoJIG 205) (i18n 111) locale category for sound

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 91 17:14:25 PDT

Erik,
   |Do any of you know (or have ideas) about locale categories for sound
   |(as in voice, or some other kind of sound)?
   |
   |We could just lump this together with LC_MESSAGES, but then users
   |wouldn't be able to have screen messages in one language with voice
   |messages in another language.
If having audio messages in one language and and display message in
another language is very common practice, it would make sense to have
another category for sound in the standard.  But I do not see that is
the reality. So, I think this should be solved in a
application-specific manner such as using application specific
environment variables. 
-kuro
-------
T. Kurosaka ("Kuro") --- SunSoft, a Sun Microsystems company
Internet:[email-masked] Voice:+1 415 336-5284 Fax:+1 415 336-6015
US Mail: Mail Stop MTV5-44, 2550 Garcia Ave., Mt. View, CA 94043-1100 USA