Subject: The SGFS Taxonomy Email Reflector

From: Willem Wakker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 11:47:00 O

This is the inaugural message for the SGFS Email Reflector.
The Guidelines for the use of this reflector are in SGFS N1303 (appended
to this message); these guidelines were approved by SGFS in
Resolution 5.

The address of the email reflector is
	[email-masked]

The initial list of participants of this list is the same as the
(current) list of the normal sgfs reflector; requests for changes and/or
additions should be send to me ([email-masked]).

Best regards, Willem Wakker
- Chair SGFS

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Willem Wakker					 email: <[email-masked]>
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
ACE Associated Computer Experts bv		     tel: +31 20 6646416
van Eeghenstraat 100				     fax: +31 20 6750389
1071 GL  Amsterdam, The Netherlands
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

                                                SGFS N1303

Title:    Revised Guidelines for a Taxonomy Email Reflector
Source    SGFS Plenary
Date:     June 1995

Based on SGFS documents N1270 and N1274, SGFS has decided to
create an emailreflector to discuss taxonomy issues.

Guidelines for the use of this emailreflector are:

1-     All contributions to the emailreflector are considered to
       be informal, and shall not replace documentation required
       otherwise (specifically: a contribution to the
       emailreflector shall not be regarded as a taxonomy change
       request, as mentioned in the SGFS procedures).

2-     All SGFS NBLO's will be included on the emaillist (unless
       they request to be excluded). All SGFS NBLO's can nominate
       members to participate on the list; these participants do
       not have to be members of a proposing organization.

3-     For every contribution it should be clear who the submitter
       is.

4-     For every contribution it should be clear on who's behalf
       the submitter is speaking.

5-     The scope of the contributions should be SGFS taxonomy in
       the widest sense.

6-     New issues introduced to the list shall have a clear short
       but descriptive subject header; a unique message number
       will automatically be added by the emailreflector. In order
       to be able to track related messages and to identify the
       original issue raised, the subject header shall contain a
       single "Re:" followed by the original message number and
       title.

       Note: this may imply that a responder may have to make
       additional effort to modify the subject header.

7-     It is suggested that the person introducing an issue after
       some time tries to draw a conclusion from the comments
       received, and then submit this conclusion as a contribution
       to SGFS for consideration.