Subject: (r.mckean 5126) Re: (a.walker 3546) Re X/Open and Graphics Standards (fwd)

From: Chris Cartledge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 13:02:23 +0100 (BST)

Colleagues,

There was an action in the SC24 minutes to ascertain the current 
situation in regard the use of our standards by X/Open.  This completes 
the action unless there are queries.  I will have the reply circulated as 
a formal SC24 document.

Regards

Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 17:36:48 +0100
From: Andrew Walker <[email-masked]>
To: Chris Cartledge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Roy McKean <[email-masked]>
Subject: (r.mckean 5126) Re: (a.walker 3546) Re X/Open and Graphics Standards

Dear Chris,

You wrote - sorry it's taken me a while to reply:

>Dear Andrew,
>
>I have been asked by SC24 to approach you as to the current use (if any)
>of SC24 standards X/Open.  Also there is the rider, I guess, to see
>whether there is value in our discussing increased use. 

So far as pure graphics standards are concerned, there is still no activity, 
and the situation is as it was when we spoke last.

There is some prospect of future work as part of our Desktop programme, 
which would be built arond the work of the X-Consortium.  We have an 
interest in the ongoing evolution of the X Window system, in particular in 
PEX and XIE.

We may also work with some other organisations, such as the Interactive 
Multi-Media Association, the Work Flow Management Coalition, Black Forest 
Consortium and the Desktop Management Task Force.

However, all of this is future.

Best regards,

Andrew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Andrew Walker, Standards Manager        Tel:  +44 734 508311 x2270
      X/Open Company Limited                  Fax:  +44 734 500110
      Apex Plaza, Forbury Road                Home: +44 564 775489
      Reading, UK, RG1 1AX                    EMail: [email-masked]
      
--------------------------------------------------------------------------