Subject: Late UK National Body Input

From: Chris Cartledge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 10:10:46 +0100 (BST)

UK National Body Input to SC24 Bordeux (1994)

Resignations
The UK wishes to record its thanks to Barry Shepherd and Peter Bono for
their work over many years.  Their effort, skill and enthusiasm will be
greatly missed. 

WG1
The UK suggests that the important work (of coordinating liaison, of
responsibility for the Reference Model, etc) that was previously carried
out in WG1, be now assigned to SC24, itself. 

Defects
As there has been no response to its input on the handling of Defects in
SC24 (N1088), the UK expects SC24 agree on a resolution in line with its
position. 

Mailing
It is apparent to the UK that some WGs are failing to meet their
obligations in respect of mailings.  For example, WG7 appears not to have
issued minutes from its meeting in Steamboat last year.  The mailing from
WG6 containing the Steamboat minutes was not timely.  Without such
documents it is impossible for experts, who did not attend a meeting, to
understand what happened there.  SC24 needs to ensure that conveners are
aware of their responsibilities.  It needs to agree procedures to ensure
that necessary work is carried out in a timely fashion. 

GKS
The UK notes that all the formal procedures for the revision of 
ISO 7942:1985 (GKS-85) have now been completed and looks forward 
to the early publication of ISO/IEC 7942:1994 (GKS-94).

Chris Cartledge
9 June 1994