Subject: Document Search Facility

From: "Leszek KOTSCH, OSAG (@KAR), DTN:777-0210 10-May-1992 1757" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 92 18:03:58 MET DST

Subject: User Information about the ISOBIB: a Database 
                   Facility (selection of SC18 and SC24 documents
                   through keywords) provided as free service to
                   experts working on International Standards.

          In the ISOBIB - database are stored titles and registration numbers
          of documents issued by ISO/JTC1 SC18 and SC24 and its working groups
          You search within the title-field and the keyword-field for the 
          appearance of your keywords. To receive desired document numbers 
          just send a formatted message (as it is described below) to an
          account by Digital Equipment using (for the both: SC18 and SC24,
          the same electronic mail address:

                     "[email-masked]"

          Your message should contain ONLY the keywords you are looking for,
          delimited by the carriage return. This means, each keyword starts
          at the beginning of a new line. Each mail is one distinct search
          procedure. You can search for only one keyword (i.e. 'Hypertext'),
          or you can combine two or more keywords (i.e. 'Meeting Report' 
          and 'Tokyo').

          Within the Database we distinguish between lower-case and
          upper-case !

          The automatic mail-answer-procedure is processed every hour. So
          don't wait for the answer. If you have questions, remarks etc.,
          please send the message to :"[email-masked]".

          Examples:

           - example 1:

          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          From:   "[email-masked]" 19-AUG-1991 10:32:14.76
          To:     "[email-masked]"
          CC:
          Subj:   my sc18 question
          
          ------ < begin of formatted message body > ---------------------------

          WG 3
          Work

          ------- < end of message > -------------------------------------------
          Comment:
          
          This query Looks for the existence of the word 'WG 3' concatenated  
          with the word 'Work' within the title.

          The result has the following appearance. First there is the
          Committee, then the Subcommittee number ([18] or [24]). Then the
          Working-Group-Number follows. The last number is the running
          Document Registration Number. Then the full title of the paper is
          printed. If the Working-Group-Number = 0 the registration number
          refers to the document issued by Subcommittee.

          See as an example the following response of the above query.

          Committee # Subcom- # Working # Document
                      mittee     Group     Number
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          ISO/IEC JTC 1/  18      0        2409.00
          Review of Ballot Comments Pertaining to SC 18/WG 3 Projects
          Contained in Document SC 18 N 2376 on the Proposed Modifications
          to the ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC Program of Work (SC 18 N 2151)

          ISO/IEC JTC 1/  18      0       2256.00
          Statement From ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 18/WG 3 to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 18
          on Progression of  Work on Multimedia/Hypermedia (with reference
          to the SC 2 NWI on Multimedia/Hypermedia)

           - example 2:

          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          From:   DECWRL::"[email-masked]" 19-AUG-1991 10:32:14.76
          To:     DECWRL::"[email-masked]"
          CC:
          Subj:   FYI

          Meeting
          New York
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------

          Query looks first for the existence of the word 'Meeting' and then
          of the word 'New York'.

          Result is:

          ISO/IEC JTC 1/  18      0       2631.00
          Meeting Notice, JTC 1 Advisory Group Ad Hoc Technical Study
          Group on Multimedia and Hypermedia, 1990-12-12/14, New York, New
          York, USA

          ISO/IEC JTC 1/  18      0       2814.00
          Report of the Meeting of the Ad Hoc Technical Study Group on
          Multimedia and Hypermedia Held 12-14 December 1990, New York,
          New York, USA

          ISO/IEC JTC 1/  18      0       2815.00
          Reference Materials Pertaining to the Report of the Meeting of
          the Ad Hoc Technical Study Group on Multimedia and Hypermedia
          Held 12-14, December 1990, New York , New York, USA