Subject: SC24 meeting in Bordeaux

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 93 17:49:39 +0000

The meeting of yesterday in Bordeaux was good and I can give you some
informations about next year.

The dates are definitely what was intended in Steamboat Springs (13th
June-24st June). The meeting plan is what was recommended in Steamboat. 

The location is in the city of Bordeaux (the meeting will take place in
the chamber of commerce). There is still a discussion about which of
the two buildings they have will be used. There is a fair chance that
it will be their old building in the centre of the city (18th century)
which is very nice and very and in a very convenient place. The other
possiblility whivch was their first proposal (due to the fact that they
anticiated larger rooms than we need) is closed to be finished (due to
january), but a little more remote.

I will circulate soon meeting information, hotel s and registration form.

A few information about travelling. You can go to Bordeaux by

-air from both Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly (make sure to chhose
the right plane to avoid changing airport by bus), from London Gatwick,
Manchester, Francfort,Geneva and Brussel.

-train there a TGV line starting from Paris-Montparnasse. It is
possible also to come from Lyon by TGV.

Both local officers from Afnor and from the Chamber of Commerce are
very cooprative. They are also very fluent in local specialities and
have already good ideas about social events.

I hope that this information will be useful and sufficient for
planning. I will try to mail (and also e-mail) all the information before Christmas.

Best Regards. Seeing you all in Bordeaux

Andre