Subject: Imaging and Graphics Business Team Update

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:51:31 -0600

We will publicly announce the Imaging and Graphics Business Team (IGBT)
activities on Tuesday 26 May. The WWW site for the team is now up at:

   http://www.globalcollaboration.org/jtc1/igbt/

but is still undergoing final review. If you have time to look it over, you
can send any comments or requests for changes to me by Sunday evening, 24 May.

We are setting up three initial e-mail reflectors:

1) Main IGBT reflector - for announcement and discussions of a general nature;

2) Technology Focus;

3) Business and Government Focus.

and expect that additional "Working Groups" will be established within each
focus as required and these will have their own, separate reflectors. If
you would like to be included in the initial addresses on any of the above
three reflectors, please send me e-mail. By Tuesday 26 May you will be able
to signup for these reflectors using an automated process to be described
at the IGBT WWW site.

I hope that each of you will actively participate in the IGBT activities as
it is expected to make recommendations to JTC 1 that will results in
significant new work for JTC 1 and its SC's including SC 24.

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------