Subject: Info on usage on SC24 email list

From: Keld J|rn Simonsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 92 00:12:10 +0100

The new email list is now created (with the name stated in the
heading of this message). Some general information about the
e-mail service is given in this message.

The examples are given for the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5 group (Programming
language Fortran). Please substitute your own SC number and WG number
for SC22 and WG5 respectively.

The general naming scheme of the e-mail lists for JTC1 groups is:

        SC<n>WG<m>@dkuug.dk     (for example [email-masked] )

For SC's the WG part is omitted. dkuug.dk is the machine hosting the
service - dkuug means Danish Unix User Group, and .dk means in Denmark.

If you want to send a message to everybody on the e-mail list,
you should use the mail system on your computer and compose a message
to the list, for example:

        mail [email-masked]

In the uucp world it can be adressed as uunet!dkuug!SC22WG5 .

If you have questions about the list, such as getting on the list
or removal from the list, or problems with the list, - things that
should not be sent to the whole of the list, but only to the e-mail
list administrator, please send such messages to [email-masked] .

Note that the new lists have capital letters, but that is
not significant when mailing.

The mailings have a dot "." in the reference numbering, this is
reflecting the procedure already being used in some WGs. It is meant
for easy reference and identification in other e-mail or in WG papers.

All back articles and some more information is available via
FTP and e-mail. The following files exist:

           <number>    the sequence number
           list        the e-mail address list
           latest      the latest article number received
           listadm     the e-mail address of the list administrator

They reside in the directory dkuug.dk:JTC1/SC22/WG5 .
The internet number of dkuug.dk is 129.142.96.41. FTAM is also available.
To get access via e-mail, send a mail to

    [email-masked]
    Subject: files JTC1/SC22/WG5
    Names: list 22

(gets article number 22 and the address list for SC22/WG5).

Please note that case is significant with this e-mail service
and also with FTP and FTAM. Help is available with a subject of
"help" to the archive server, or if you make an error...

There are some people currently originating from SC22 discussing
this email services. You are welcome to put forward suggestions
about the services, currently best to me ([email-masked]) directly.

If any problems occur, please notify me.

Keld Simonsen
[email-masked]