Subject: SC22 N 3083 REV - Summary of Voting on Proposal for a New Work It em for SC22 on Information technology - Extensions to the Programming Lan guage C to Support Embedded Processors (Technical Report Type 2)

From: Marisa Peacock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:59:51 -0500

This document has been revised to reflect the U.S. National Body's
participation as indicated below.  I apologize for this error.

______ beginning of title page _________________________

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N3083 REV

TITLE:
Revised Summary of Voting on Proposal for a New Work Item for SC22 on
Information technology - Extensions to the Programming Language C to Support
Embedded Processors (Technical Report Type 2)

DATE ASSIGNED:
2000-03-03

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
The results of voting satisfy the ISO/IEC JTC 1 requirements for NWI
approval and it has been forwarded to JTC 1 for their approval action.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N3039

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Marisa Peacock
ANSI
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4976
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

_______ end of title page; beginning of summary ______________

                      SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N3039
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1999-11-18
Closing Date:                 2000-02-18

SUBJECT:  Revised Summary of Voting on Proposal for a New Work Item for SC22
on Information technology - Extensions to the Programming Language C to
Support Embedded Processors (Technical Report Type 2)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval without comment                   

12 (Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France,
Netherlands, Norway, Russian Federation, United Kingdom, United States)

"P" Members supporting approval with comments                      

1 (Japan)

"P" Members not supporting approval       0

"P" Members abstaining                    

1 (Austria)

"P" Members not voting                    

 7 (Brazil, Egypt, Germany, Ireland, Romania, Slovenia, Ukraine)

"O" Members supporting approval without comment   

0      
           
"O" Members abstaining                    

0

The following responses have been received on the subject of participation:

"P" Members committing to participate     

6 (Canada, Netherlands, Norway, Russian Federation, United Kingdom, United
States)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

The results of voting satisfy the ISO/IEC JTC 1 requirements for NWI
approval and it has been forwarded to JTC 1 for their approval action.

The comment accompanying the Japan approval vote was:  

  Japan basically agrees with this New Work Item Proposal provided that
  the work covers over the various kinds of embedded processors (not limited
  to the specific kind of processor, such as Digital Signal Processors)
  as described in "title" and "scopes".   However, it seems that the
proposed
  specification described in "purpose and justification" and the referenced
  document SC22/WG14 N 854 in "relevant document"  discuss only about the
  specifications for DSP.  If the new work and the resulted Technical Report
  are limited to the specification only for DSP, Japan does not agree with
the
  work.
___________ end of summary _____________

Marisa Peacock
ANSI
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4976
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]