Subject: (SC22docs.900) SC22 N3060 - Increase Publicity of JTC 1 Activitie s

From: Marisa Peacock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:36:41 -0500

_______________ beginning of title page ______________________

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N3060

TITLE:
Increased Publicity of JTC 1 Activities

DATE ASSIGNED:
2000-01-21

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other Document (Defined)

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
For information and action, as appropriate.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Defined

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Marisa Peacock
ANSI
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY  10036
USA
Telephone:  +1 212 642 4976
Fax:        +1 212 840 2298
Email:   <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]  

__________ end of title page ____________

ISO/IEC JTC 1                                                         
Information Technology                                                

ISO/IEC  JTC 1 N 6017                   

DATE:  1999-12-14     

REPLACES                                     

DOC TYPE:
Other document (Defined)                                              

TITLE:
Increased Publicity of JTC 1 Activities                                

SOURCE:
JTC 1 Secretariat                                                     

PROJECT:                   

STATUS:
In accordance with Seoul Resolution 32, this document is forwarded to 
JTC 1 National Bodies and Subcommittees for consideration.            

ACTION ID:  ACT 

DUE DATE:            

DISTRIBUTION:  P and L Members                                             

MEDIUM:   

DISKETTE NO.:            

NO. OF PAGES:  2         

Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1, American National Standards Institute, 11 
West 42nd Street, New York, NY  10036; Telephone:  1 212 642 4932;    
Facsimile:  1 212 840 2298; Email:  [email-masked]                 

Resolution 32 - Increased Publicity of JTC 1 Activities
JTC 1 encourages its National Bodies and SCs to help contribute information
and articles to professional journals, meetings and proceedings so that
information on JTC 1 work and related activities within partner
organizations is widely disseminated and understood. In particular JTC 1
expresses appreciation to the ISO Bulletin staff, the JTC 1 Secretariat and
the many authors who have contributed articles and news for publication to
date for their magnificent support in making information on JTC 1 activities
and successes widely available and resolves as follows with a view to
expanding and managing this service: 
a) JTC 1 requests its Secretariat to publish on the JTC 1 website the
schedule of forthcoming JTC 1- sponsored contributions in the monthly issues
of the ISO Bulletin together with the names and email address of the
projected authors 
b) JTC 1 retains 8 of the annual issues for matters directly related to JTC
1 and SC use and requests its SCs and National Bodies to help advance
relationship with partner organizations and further mutual work by
contacting representatives of these organizations and to invite
contributions for 4 of the annual issues from organizations in liaison with
JTC 1 its SCs or WGs to provide information on their work and their
relationships with ISO/IEC. 
c) JTC 1 encourages its National Bodies and SCs to produce case studies on
standards success stories (e.g. MPEG, SPICE, VRML) and to have these
published in major widely distributed IT journals
d) JTC 1 encourages its National Bodies and SCs to advance management
attention to standardization issues and strategic value by contributing
appropriate articles and letters to widely distributed and respected
management and news magazines.

_