Subject: (SC22docs.897) SC22 N3057 -JTC 1 Recognition Program

From: Marisa Peacock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:00:38 -0500

_________________ beginning of title page ______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N3057

TITLE:
JTC 1 Recognition Program

DATE ASSIGNED:
2000-01-21

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other Document

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
For information and comment.  Any comments or ideas should be submitted to
the SC 22 Secretariat.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
COM

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Marisa Peacock
ANSI
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4976
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:   <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] <
<mailto:[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked]> 

__________ end of title page ____________

ISO/IEC JTC 1                                                         
Information Technology                                                

ISO/IEC  JTC 1 N 6012                   

DATE:  1999-12-14     

REPLACES                                     

DOC TYPE:
Other document (Defined)                                              

TITLE:
JTC 1 Recognition Program                                             

SOURCE:
JTC 1 Secretariat                                                     

PROJECT:                   

STATUS:
In accordance with JTC 1 Seoul resolution 18, this document is        
forwarded to JTC 1 National Bodies and Subcommittees for              
consideration.                                                        

ACTION ID:  COM 

DUE DATE:  2000-10-02

DISTRIBUTION:  P and L Members                                             

MEDIUM:   

DISKETTE NO.:            

NO. OF PAGES:  2         

Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1, American National Standards Institute, 11 
West 42nd Street, New York, NY  10036; Telephone:  1 212 642 4932;    
Facsimile:  1 212 840 2298; Email:  [email-masked]                 

Resolution 18 - JTC 1 Recognition Program

JTC 1 reviewed document JTC 1 N 5925, Japanese proposal on the introduction
of a JTC 1 recognition program, and as a result reminds its Subcommittees
and National Bodies that the ITTF has already in place a system of
appreciation.  Upon publication of the relevant standard, and identification
by the SC Secretariat of the appropriate project editor, the project editor
receives from the ITTF a certificate of appreciation together with a
complimentary copy of the standard.

Having reminded the subcommittees of the ITTF program, JTC 1 asks its
National Bodies and Subcommittees to submit ideas on other possible means of
recognition related to the development of standards and the extension of
such programs beyond project editors.

_