Subject: SC22 N3053 - Vote Summary on PDTR 15581: Fortran Floating Point Enhanced Data Type Facilities

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:11:30 -0500 (EST)

____________________ beginning of title page _____________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N3053

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for PDTR
15581: Information technology - Programming languages - Fortran -
Floating-Point Enhanced Data Type Facilities (Revision of ISO/IEC TR
15581:1998)

DATE ASSIGNED:
2000-01-12

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.02.01.04

STATUS:
PDTR 15581 has been registered.

WG5 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDTR.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI to SC22 Member Bodies
ACT to WG5

DUE DATE:
N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:
N3020

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

____ end of title page; beginning of overall summary __________________

                          SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N3020
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1999-10-04
Closing Date:                2000-01-05

SUBJECT:  Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for PDTR 15581:
          Information technology - Programming languages - Fortran -
          Floating-Point Enhanced Data Types (Revision of ISO/IEC TR
          15581:1998)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of PDTR
registration:

"P" Members supporting registration
      without comments                        9

"P" Members supporting registration
      with comments                           3

"P" Members not supporting registration       0

"P" Members abstaining                        2

"P" Members not voting:                       7

The following responses have been received on the subject of PDTR
approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
      without comments                        9

"P" Members supporting approval
      with comments                           3

"P" Members not supporting approval           0

"P" Members abstaining:                       2

"P" Members not voting:                       7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

PDTR 15581 has been registered.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Denmark was:  "Lack of
Danish expertise."

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the Russian Federation
was:  "The words "Floating-point" on the title page should be deleted."

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the United States of
America was:  "The title page contains a typographical error.  The words
"Floating-point" should not appear in the title".

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the United Kingdom is
attached.

WG5 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDTR.

___ end of overall summary; beginning of registration summary ________

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY
                           Registration Ballot

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.02.01.04

SUBJECT:  PDTR Registration Ballot for PDTR 15581: Information technology
          - Programming languages - Fortran - Floating-Point Enhanced Data
          Type Facilities (Revision of ISO/IEC TR 15581:1998)

Reference Document No:  N3020           Ballot Document No:  N3020
Circulation Date:  1999-10-04           Closing Date:   2000-01-05
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments Not Voting
'P' Members

Austria                 (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Belgium                 ( )     ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )     ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  ( )     ( )      (X)       ( )       ( )
China                   (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 ( )     ( )      (X)       (X)       ( )
Egypt                   ( )     ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland                 (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany                 ( )     ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Ireland                 (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )     ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)     ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )
Slovenia                ( )     ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
UK                      (X)     ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )
Ukraine                 ( )     ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
USA                     (X)     ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )

____ end of registration summary; beginning of approval summary ______

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY
                              Approval Ballot

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.02.01.04

SUBJECT:  PDTR Registration Ballot for PDTR 15581: Information technology
          - Programming languages - Fortran - Floating-Point Enhanced Data
          Type Facilities (Revision of ISO/IEC TR 15581:1998)

Reference Document No:  N3020           Ballot Document No:  N3020
Circulation Date:  1999-10-04           Closing Date:   2000-01-05
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Austria                 (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Belgium                 ( )      ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )      ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  ( )      ( )      (X)       ( )       ( )
China                   (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 ( )      ( )      (X)       (X)       ( )
Egypt                   ( )      ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland                 (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany                 ( )      ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Ireland                 (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )
Slovenia                ( )      ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
UK                      (X)      ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )
Ukraine                 ( )      ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
USA                     (X)      ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )

____ end of approval summary; beginning of UK comments _____________

       COMMENT ACCOMPANYING UNITED KINGDOM AFFIRMATIVE VOTE

Registration and PDTR ballot for FPDTR 15581 Information technology -
Programming languages - Fortran - Floating-Point Enhanced Data Type
Facilities (Revision of ISO/IEC TR 15581:1998) (Document SC22 N3020)

The Fortran Panel notes that the name of the Technical Report as expressed
on the title page of the draft report (n3020.pdf), and hence also on the
ballot form, is incorrect.

The correct form ("Fortran - Enhanced data type facilities") is used on
page 1 of the draft report.  The term "Floating-Point" should be deleted
from the title page.

___________________________ end of SC22 N3053 _______________________