Subject: SC22 N3052 - Vote Summary on PDTR 15580 - Fortran Floating-Point Exception Handling

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:40:34 -0500 (EST)

________________________ beginning of title page ____________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N3052

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for PDTR
15580: Information technology - Programming languages - Fortran -
Floating-Point Exception Handling (Revision of ISO/IEC TR 15580:1998)

DATE ASSIGNED:
2000-01-12

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.02.01.02

STATUS:
PDTR 15580 has been registered.

WG5 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDTR.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI to SC22 Member Bodies
ACT to WG5

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N3019

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

________ end of title page; beginning of overall summary ____________

                      SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N3019
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1999-10-04
Closing Date:                2000-01-05

SUBJECT:  Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for PDTR 15580:
          Information technology - Programming languages - Fortran -
          Floating-Point Exception Handling (Revision of ISO/IEC
          15580:1998)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of PDTR
registration:

"P" Members supporting registration
       without comments                       11

"P" Members supporting registration
       with comments                           1

"P" Members not supporting registration        0

"P" Members abstaining                         2

"P" Members not voting                         7

The following responses have been received on the subject of PDTR
approval:

"P" Members supporting approval                
       without comment                         11

"P" Members supporting approval
       with comment                             1

"P" Members not supporting approval             0

"P" Members abstaining                          2

"P" Members not voting                          7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

PDTR 15580 has been registered.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Denmark was:  "Lack of
Danish expertise".

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from Japan was:
Page 23, 15.9.25, Result Value, last line:
Change "IEEE_SET_HALTING(FLAG)" to "IEEE_SET_HALTING(FLAG,HALTING)".

WG5 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDTR.

_____ end of overall summary; beginning of registration detail summary__

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY
                           Registration Ballot

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.02.01.02

SUBJECT:  PDTR Registration Ballot for PDTR 15580: Information technology
          - Programming languages - Fortran - Floating-Point Exception
          Handling (Revision of ISO/IEC TR 15580:1998)

Reference Document No:  N3019           Ballot Document No:  N3019
Circulation Date:  1999-10-04           Closing Date:   2000-01-05
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove  Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Austria                 (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Belgium                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  ( )       ( )      (X)       ( )       ( )
China                   (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 ( )       ( )      (X)       (X)       ( )
Egypt                   ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland                 (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Ireland                 (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)       ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )
Netherlands             (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X) 
UK                      (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
USA                     (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )

___ end of registration summary; beginning of approval summary _______

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY
                             Approval Ballot

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.02.01.02

SUBJECT:  PDTR Approval Ballot for PDTR 15580: Information technology -
          Programming languages - Fortran - Floating-Point Exception
          Handling (Revision of ISO/IEC TR 15580:1998)

Reference Document No:  N3019           Ballot Document No:  N3019
Circulation Date:  1999-10-04           Closing Date:   2000-01-05
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Austria                 (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Belgium                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  ( )       ( )      (X)       ( )       ( )
China                   (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 ( )       ( )      (X)       (X)       ( )
Egypt                   ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland                 (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Ireland                 (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)       ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )
Netherlands             (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
UK                      (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine                 ( )       ( )      ( )       ( )       (X)
USA                     (X)       ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )

____________________ end of SC22 N3052 ________________________________