Subject: SC22 N3012 - Minutes of SC22 Plenary, September 20-23, 1999

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:44:54 -0400 (EDT)

_______________________ beginning of title page _______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N3012

TITLE:
Minutes of the Twelfth Plenary Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 on September
20-23, 1999 in Berlin, Germany

DATE ASSIGNED:
1999-09-28

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Meeting Minutes

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N3011, N3013, N3014

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-9680
email:  [email-masked]

______________________ end of title page; beginning of minutes _________

                    MINUTES OF THE TWELFTH PLENARY OF
                           ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
                             BERLIN, GERMANY
                          September 20-23, 1999

1.   OPENING OF THE MEETING

The Chairman of JTC 1/SC22, Mr. Robert Follett, officially opened the
Twelfth Plenary of JTC 1/SC22 at 1000 hours on September 20, 1999.   Dr.
Ingo Wende welcomed the delegates to Berlin and then invited the delegates
to a dinner in their honor on Tuesday, September 21, 1999.   Dr. Wende
presented a short presentation on the structure and responsibilities of
DIN. 

2.   CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

Mr. Follett indicated that he would discuss the meeting plans under
Agenda Item 5. and provide more extensive remarks concerning SC22 under
Agenda Item 7.1.

Mr. Follett also noted that his term of office is completed at the end of
this meeting.  The JTC 1 Directives stipulate that two terms is the normal
maximum.  Accordingly, this will be his last plenary meeting as SC22
Chairman.  See also Agenda Item 13.6.

3.   ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

The list of delegates in attendance at the Eleventh Plenary of JTC 1/SC22
is documented in SC22 N3014.

4.   APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

The following delegates were appointed to the drafting committee:

          Mr. Isak Korn - Chairman
          Dr. Miles Ellis
          Mr. Toshiaki Kurokawa
          Mr. Akio Kido
          Mr. Roger Martin
          Mr. Keld Simonsen

5.   ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA

The revised agenda for the meeting, contained in SC22 N2998, as revised,
was adopted.  (The final agenda for the meeting as adopted is contained in
document SC22 N3011.)

6.   REPORT OF THE SECRETARIAT

Mr. William Rinehuls, Secretariat of SC22, referred delegates to document
SC22 N2919, the Secretariat Report for this meeting, noting that Australia
has changed its membership category from "P-member" to "O-member" (SC22
N2953).  There are currently 21 P-members and 21 O-members.

Mr. Rinehuls requested that all Conveners provide him with corrections
and updates to the Convener and Project Editor personnel sections of the
SC22 Secretariat Report before the end of the meeting.

6.1  SC22 Project Information

Mr. Rinehuls referred delegates to document SC22 N2920, the updated SC22
Program of Work.  He requested all Conveners to provide him with
corrections and updates related to their respective projects before the
end of the meeting.

In this regard, Mr. Follett requested that all dates should be forecast
for all projects since JTC 1 wants a complete schedule.  He requested the
Drafting Committee to prepare a resolution approving the revised Program
of Work with the new projected dates.  See Resolution 98-1.

6.2  Outstanding Actions From the Eleventh Plenary of SC22

The following resolutions of the Tenth Plenary were discussed:

Resolution 98-4:  It was noted that WG21 has prepared an NP concerning
basic hardware I/O addressing.

Resolution 98-17.  It was noted that WG20 has begun maintenance work on
ISO/IEC IS 15897:1998.

The delegates agreed that there were no action items outstanding from the
Tenth Plenary.

The following resolutions of the Ninth Plenary were discussed:

Resolution 97-22.  It was noted that the Concurrent PDTR Registration and
PDTR Letter Ballot for Interfacing Modula-2 to C have not yet been
conducted.

Resolution 97-23.  It was noted that the Concurrent PDTR Registration and
PDTR Letter Ballot for APIs for Internationalization have not yet been
conducted.

6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents

Mr. Rinehuls noted that the Standing Documents List is contained in
document SC22 N2950.

6.4  SC22 Electronic Document Distribution

Mr. Rinehuls discussed the contamination of the SC22 electronic document
distribution web site early this summer and the actions he has taken, in
coordination with Mr. Keld Simonsen who maintains the SC22 web sites, to
resolve the problem.

7.   ACTIVITY REPORTS

7.1  Report from the Chairman

Mr. Follett referred delegates to document SC22 N2880 which contains his
report on the JTC 1 Plenary in Rio de Janiero, Brazil in January 1999 and
document SC22 N2883 contains the resolutions from that meeting.  Mr.
Follett noted that several items of special interest:

     a.  A two-year extension has been granted to the trail period during
         which draft documents, up to but not including DIS, can be made
         freely available in electronic form.  JTC 1 has also been given
         authority to approve certain types of documents for free
         availability on the web; however JTC 1 still requires
         justification for free availability; however, the process is much
         simpler and faster than before.  The list of the types of
         documents for free availability is contained in document SC22
         N2880.

     b.  JTC 1 has moved from a nine month to a twelve month meeting
         schedule.

     c.  JTC 1 established a deadline of October 1, 1999 for items for the
         agenda for the JTC 1 Plenary in November, allowing SC22 only a
         week to get any documents from this Plenary to the JTC 1
         Secretariat.

     d.  JTC 1 has established a new meeting format and eliminated the SC 
         Chairmans' Forum.  The purpose of the new meeting format is to
         provide more time for the SC Chairmen to highlight the work of
         their Subcommittees during the JTC 1 meeting.  See also Agenda
         Item 12.5.

     e.  The three actions required by SC22 in response to JTC 1 requests
         from the JTC 1 Plenary are Agenda Items 12.1, 12.2 and 12.3.

Mr. Follett also noted that he had chaired the Ballot Resolution Meeting
on DIS 16509 - Year 2000 Terminology.

7.2  National Reports

The following National activity reports were presented:

Canada          -        N3006   
Denmark         -        N3005
Finland         -        N2985     
France          -        N2989
Germany         -        N3003
Ireland         -        N2986
Japan           -        N2983
Netherlands     -        N3004    (See Resolution 99-9.)
Norway          -        N2980
United Kingdom  -        N2990
USA             -        N2987

The following National activity reports were provided, in the absence of
any delegation.  These reports were reviewed:

Austria         -        N3002
Ireland         -        N2986

7.3  LIAISON REPORTS - EXTERNAL TO ISO/IEC JTC 1

7.3.1  CCE - Commission of the European Community

Mr. Korn gave a verbal report on CCE activities.

7.3.2  CIRF - International Institution for Production Engineering 
              Research

No report from CIRF was received.

7.3.3  ECMA -  European Computer Manufacturers Association

No report from ECMA was received.  (See Resolution 99-22.)

7.3.4  EWICS - European Workshop on Industrial Computer Systems

No report from EWICS was received.

7.3.5  IFIP - International Federation for Information Processing

Professor Kakehi and Mr. Walter gave verbal reports on those IFIP
activities dealing with SC22-related matters.

       7.3.5.1   IFIP TC2

                 The report of those TC2 activities dealing with
                 SC22-related matters, prepared by Professor Kakehi, is
                 contained in documents N2991 and N2992.  Professor Kakehi
                 presented the report.

7.3.6 ITU - International Telecommunications Union

No report from ITU was received.

7.4  REPORT OF LIAISON OFFICERS

7.4.1     Liaison Officer to SC2

No report of activity was prepared by Mr. Van Wingen for this plenary.
However, Mr. van Wingen did provide some information in document SC22
N2997 which included his desire to relinquish this liaison activity.  (See
Resolutions 99-23 and 99-26).

7.4.2     Liaison Officer to SC7

Mr. Korn provided a verbal liaison report.  In this report, Mr. Korn
noted that he was not able to attend all of the SC7 meetings, and the
Chairman noted that Mr. James Moore was a regular participant in SC7.  Mr.
Moore agreed to appointment as the new SC22 liaison to SC7.  (See
Resolution 99-23.)

7.4.3     Liaison Officer to SC29

The report of activity prepared by Dr. Ellis is contained in document
SC22 N2963.  Dr. Ellis presented the report.  He noted that, since he will
no longer be directly involved in the work of SC22, a new liaison officer
should be appointed.  However, in the absence of a volunteer for this
liaison, Dr. Ellis would be willing to continue by correspondence.  SC22
accepted the kind offer of Dr. Ellis to continue.  See Resolution 99-23.)

7.4.4     Liaison Officer to SC32

Mr. Korn provided a verbal liaison report.

7.4.5     Potential SC22 Liaisons

No potential SC22 liaisons were identifier.

7.5  COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT REPORTS

7.5.1     CEN TC 304

Mr. Simonsen gave a verbal report of current CEN TC 304 activity.  This
report was supplemented by a written report of activity provided by Mr.
Marc Kuester in document SC22 N3009.

8.   WORKING GROUP BUSINESS PLANS AND REPORTS

8.1  WG3 - APL

The report of activity and business plan prepared by Dr. Dickey, Convener
of WG3, is contained in document N2999.  Mr. Michell presented the report.

At the 1998 SC22 Plenary, SC22 agreed to seriously consider cancellation
of Projects JTC 1.22.09.02 and JTC 1.22.24.02 at the 1999 SC22 Plenary if
they had not advanced to the CD stage by that time.  See Resolution 99-11.

     8.1.1  Status of DIS 13751

            Mr. Follett noted paragraph 12.7.4.2 of the JTC 1 Procedures
            which specifies:  "If the revised text is not returned to ITTF
            within a period of twelve months, the DIS shall be resubmitted
            for NB voting as in 12.7.3.2."  Since DIS 13751 was not
            returned to ITTF for publication within twelve months of JTC 1
            balloting, a reballot of the DIS would be required.  

8.2  WG4 - COBOL

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Ms. Wallace,
Convener of WG4, is contained in document N2974.  In her absence, and at
her request, Mr Rinehuls presented this report.

In Ms. Wallace's absence her request contained in the report for a short
working session with WG20 participants was not held.  

8.3  WG5 - Fortran

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Dr. Ellis, Convener
of WG5, is contained in document SC22 N2942.  Dr. Ellis presented this
report.

8.3.1  Extension of Schedule for Project JTC 1.22.02.01.01

This request is contained in document SC22 N2942.  See Resolution 99-14.

8.3.2  Request for Concurrent Registration and Approval of Revised PDTR
       15580

This request is contained in document SC22 N2942.  See Resolution 99-15.

8.3.3  Request for Concurrent Registration and Approval of Revised PDTR
       15581

This request is contained in document SC22 N2942.  See Resolution 99-15.

8.4  WG9 - Ada

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Moore, Convener
of WG9, is contained in document SC22 N2947.  Mr. Moore presented this
report.

8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Wakker,
Convener of WG11, are contained in document SC22 N2939.  Mr. Wakker
presented these reports.

8.6  WG13 - Modula-2

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Dr. Schoenhacker,
Convener of WG13, is contained in document SC22 N2962.  

8.7  WG14 - C

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Benito,
Convener of WG14, is contained in document SC22 N2956.  Mr. Benito
presented the report.

8.8  WG15 - POSIX

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Oblinger,
Convener of WG15, is contained in document SC22 N2973.  Mr. Oblinger
presented the report.

8.8.1  Request for Concurrent CD Registration and CD Ballot for Project     
       JTC 1.22.18011

This request is contained in document SC22 N2973.  See Resolution 99-15.          

8.8.2  Request for Withdrawal of Project JTC 1.22.21.03.03

This request is contained in document SC22 N2973.  See Resolution 99-16.         

8.8.3  C Language Incompatibilities

The discussion of possible incompatibilities between DIS 9899 (C Language
Standard) and ISO/IEC IS 9945-1 and ISO/IEC IS 9945-2 is contained in
document SC22 N2973.  Messrs Oblinger and Benito noted that this problem
has been resolved.

8.9  WG16 - Lisp

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Parquier,
Convener of WG16, is contained in document SC22 N2969.  Mr. Parquier
presented the report.

8.10 WG17 - Prolog

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Scowen,
Convener of WG17, is contained in document SC22 N2938.  Mr. Scowen
presented the report.

8.10.1    Approval of New WG17 Convener

This request is contained in document SC22 N2938.  See Resolution 99-20.

8.10.2    Appointment of Project Editor for Project JTC 1.22.22.01

This request is contained in document SC22 N2938.  See Resolution 99-21.

8.11 WG19 - Formal Specification Languages

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Wordsworth,
Convener of WG19, is contained in document SC22 N2958.  Mr. Wordsworth
presented the report.

8.11.1    Request for Concurrent CD Registration and CD Ballot for
          Project JTC 1.22.29.02

This request is contained in document SC22 N2958.  See Resolution 99-12.

8.12 WG20 - Internationalization

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Mr. Winkler,
Convener of WG20, is contained in document SC22 N2921.  Mr. Winkler
presented the report.

8.12.1    Request for Liaison with ISO TC46/SC2

This request is contained in document SC22 N2921.  The Statement of
Mutual Benefits and Responsibilities is contained in document SC22 N2922.
See Resolution 99-13.

8.12.2    Request for Liaison with the World Wide Web Consortium

This request is contained in document SC22 N2921.  The Statement of
Mutual Benefits and Responsibilities is contained in document SC22 N2923.
See Resolution 99-13.

8.12.3    Appointment of Project Editor for Project JTC 1.22.13.1

This request is contained in document SC22 N2921.  See Resolution 99-21.

8.12.4    Request for Concurrent CD Registration and FCD Ballot for
          Project JTC 1.22.15897

This request is contained in document SC22 N2921.  See Resolution 99-15.

8.12.5    Ireland Request for Transfer of Project JTC 1.22.30.02.02

This request is contained in document SC22 N2986.  Mr. LaBonte, reporting
on behalf of the Ireland Member Body, reported that the Ireland Member
Body considers the issue temporarily resolved, although they still feel
that SC22 should recommend the transfer of this project to SC2 as soon as
the current development activity is completed.

8.12.6    Japan Request for Discussion of WG20 CD/FCD Processing

Professor Kakehi presented this request which is contained in document
SC22 N2993.  It was noted that the issues raised with respect to WG20 also
apply to other SC22 Working Groups.  Mr. Winkler, Convener of SC22/WG20,
provided a suggested revision of the WG20 internal procedures to
accommodate the Japan Member Body request.  This suggested revision will
be circulated to WG20 as document WG20 N697.  See Resolutions 99-5 and
99-7.

8.13 WG21 - C++

The report of activity and business plan, prepared by Dr. Plum, Convener
of WG21, is contained in document SC22 N2941.  Dr. Plum presented the
report.

8.14 SC22/JSG

The report of activity prepared by Mr. Mathis, Convener of SC22/JSG, is
contained in document SC22 N2994.  See Resolution 99-10.

9.   PROJECT EDITOR REPORTS

9.1  Basic

The report of activity, prepared by Dr. Kurtz, is contained in document
SC22 N2932.

9.2  Pascal

The report of activity, prepared by Mr. Hetherington, is contained in
document SC22 N2943.

9.3  PL/I

The report of activity, prepared by Dr. Klensin, is contained in document
SC22 N2995.

9.4  PCTE

The report of activity, prepared by Mr. Dawes, is contained in document
SC22 N2940.

10.  AD HOC MEETINGS

SC22 identified one topic requiring ad hoc group discussion:  increasing
participation in SC22 Working Groups.

10.1 Increasing Participation in Working Groups

The Chairman of the Ad Hoc, Mr. John Hill, reported on the results of the
work session of this group. See also Agenda Item 12.3 and Resolution 99-6.

11.  DIN PRESENTATION ON PEARL

Prof. Dr. Georg Thiele presented a presentation on the PEARL programming
language and the standardization activities in this regard under way in
Germany.  See Resolution 99-31.

12.  ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

12.1 Extension of Trial Period for Normative Referencing of
     Specifications Other Than International Standards

Document SC22 N2884 is a request from JTC 1 for comments on extending the
trial period for normative referencing of specifications other than
international standards.  Document SC22 N2966 is a draft response prepared
by Mr. Rinehuls from the comments received from the SC22 Working Group
Conveners.  Document SC22 N3008 is the SC22 approved response.  See
Resolution 99-3.

12.2 JTC 1 Request for Metrics of JTC 1 Accomplishments

Document SC22 N2885 is a request from JTC 1 for submission of metrics
that might be used to measure JTC 1 accomplishments.  Document SC22 N2970
is a draft response prepared by Mr. Rinehuls from comments received from
the SC22 Working Group Conveners.  See Resolution 99-4.

12.3 JTC 1 Request for Input on Strategic Planning

Document SC22 N2887 is a request from JTC 1 for contributions regarding
future  strategic orientation of JTC 1.  Document SC22 N2968 is a draft
response prepared by Mr. Rinehuls, based on the lack of any contributions
from the SC22 Working Group Conveners.  Document SC22 N3010 is the SC22
approved response.  See also Agenda Item 10.1 and Resolution 99-6.

12.4 SC22 Business Plan

Document SC22 N3001 is the draft SC22 Business Plan prepared by Mr.
Follett.  Document SC22 N3007 is the approved SC22 Business Plan.  See
Resolution 99-2.

12.5 SC22 Presentation to ISO/IEC JTC 1

Document SC22 N2978 from the JTC 1 Chairman iterates what type of
presentation is expected from the Subcommittee Chairmen at the next JTC 1
plenary.  This request explains the new format for the presentations the
Subcommittee Chairmen will give at the JTC 1 Plenary highlighting
important areas of work.  In the following discussion, a number of
suggestions were made of areas to be covered in the SC22 presentation. 

12.6 Request to Make ISO/IEC 16509 Publicly Available

In his Convener's Report from the Ballot Resolution Meeting on IS 16509
(SC22 N2944), Mr. Follett detailed the ballot resolution group's
recommendation that SC22 consider requesting that IS 16509 be made
publicly available on the world wide web.  It was noted that the IEEE
standard upon which IS 16509 is based is already freely available as is
the United Kingdom public document.  See Resolution 99-8.

13.  SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

13.1 Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule

Future plenaries of SC22 are scheduled as follows

     2000 -     Nara, Japan - September 12-15, 2000 (confirmed)
     2001 -     Vienna, Austria (tentative)
     2002 -     Finland (tentative)
     2003 -     Brussels, Belgium (tentative) - Mr. Korn is making
                                                arrangements
     
13.2 Standards for Periodic Review

In each case, SC22 determined whether the standard should be confirmed,
withdrawn, or revised.

13.2.1    IS 8652:1995 - Programming Language Ada

See Resolution 99-19.

13.2.2    IS 12227:1995 - SQL Ada Module Description Language

See Resolution 99-19.

13.2.3    IS 13211:1995 - Prolog, Part 1

See Resolution 99-19.

13.2.4    IS 6160:1979 - Programming Language PL/I

See Resolution 99-19.

13.2.5    IS 7185:1990 - Programming Language Pascal

See Resolution 99-19.

13.3 Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years of NP
     Approval

The JTC 1 Directives require the Subcommittee to consider, either by
letter ballot or plenary vote, whether the project should be retained
(giving specific justification) and advise the JTC 1 Secretariat of the
results of this consideration.  The JTC 1 Directives also specify that
"if the SC fails to act, then the project shall automatically be canceled
by the JTC 1 Secretariat."  (See Section 6.4.1.5)

Document SC22 N2926 contains the list of projects applicable to SC22.
See Resolutions  99-11, 99-12, 99-16 and 99-17.

13.4 Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four Years of
     Reaching CD

The JTC 1 Directives require the Subcommittee to consider, either by
letter ballot or plenary vote, whether the project should be retained
(giving specific justification) and advise the JTC 1 Secretariat
of the results of this consideration.  The JTC 1 Directives also
specifies that "depending on the comments received, the (JTC 1)
Secretariat shall decide whether this work item should be eliminated
or should continue to remain on the programme of work."  (See Section
6.4.1.6)

Document SC22 N2927 contains the project applicable to SC22.  See
Resolution 99-18.

13.5 Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

Mr. Follett called the attention of the SC22 delegates to Paragraph 5.4
of the JTC 1 Directives which specifies:  "Before appointment or
reappointment, the nomination of a Convener shall be endorsed by
the Convener's NB and the NB shall confirm to the parent body, with a
copy to JTC 1 if JTC 1 is not the parent body, that the nominee has the
necessary resources and administrative support to carry out the
responsibilities assigned to a Convener.

13.5.1    WG5 (Mr. Ellis)

Document SC22 N2942 contains a notification from Mr. Ellis that he is not
a candidate for continuing as Convener of WG5.  It was announced that Mr.
John Reid (UK) had volunteered as a candidate for WG5 Convener, however,
official notification from the USA had not yet been received.  See
Resolution  99-20.

13.5.2    WG11 (Mr. Wakker)

Mr. Wakker has volunteered to continue as the Convener of WG11 for
another term, however official notification from the Netherlands has not
yet been received.  See Resolution 99-20.

13.5.3    WG13 (Mr. Schoenhacker)

Mr. Schoenhacker has volunteered to continue as the Convener of WG13 for
another term, however official notification from Austria has not yet been
received.  See Resolution 99-20.

13.5.4    WG14 (Mr. Benito)

Mr. Benito has volunteered to continue as the Convener of WG14 for
another term, however, official notification from the USA has not yet been
received.  See Resolution 99-20.

13.5.5    WG16 (Mr. Parquier)

Mr. Parquier has volunteered to continue as the Convener of WG16 for
another term.  Document SC22 N2988 is the official endorsement from
France. See Resolution 99-20.

13.5.6    WG20 (Mr. Winkler)

Mr. Winkler has volunteered to continue as the Convener of WG20 for
another term.  Document SC22 N2964 is the official endorsement from the
USA.  See Resolution 99-20.

13.5.7    WG21 (Mr. Plum)

Mr. Plum has volunteered to continue as the Convener of WG21 for another
term; however, official notification from the USA has not yet been
received.  See Resolution 99-20.

13.5.8    JSG (Mr. Mathis)

Document SC22 N2994, from Mr. Mathis, contains his agreement to continue
as JSG Convener.  It was noted that he has the support necessary to
continue.  See Resolution 99-10.

13.6 Status of SC22 Chairman Position

Noting that the term of office of Mr. Follett ends at the close of this
Plenary meeting and noting that the USA has not yet nominated an
individual to assume this position on a permanent basis, Mr. Rinehuls (in
accordance with Paragraph 5.4.1.2 of the JTC 1 Directives) nominated Mr.
John Hill as the Acting Chairman of SC22.  He requested SC22 endorsement
of this appointment.  See Resolutions 99-25 and 99-30.

Mr. Rinehuls further noted that at such time as the USA nominates an
individual to assume the SC22 Chairman position on a permanent basis, he
will nominate that individual as Acting Chairman and issue an SC22 Letter
Ballot for SC22 endorsement.  It was noted that appointment by ISO/IEC
JTC 1 can only be made at an ISO/IEC JTC 1 Plenary.

14.  OTHER BUSINESS

There was no other business discussed.

15.  APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

Resolutions 99-1 through 99-31 were adopted as reported in document SC22
N3013.

16.  ADJOURNMENT

There being no further business for discussion, the Twelfth Plenary
Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 was adjourned at 1125 hours on September 23,
1999.

Respectfully submitted

WILLIAM C. RINEHULS
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
     
_____________________________ end of SC22 N3012 ________________________