Subject: SC22 N2998 - Final Draft Agenda for the SC22 Plenary

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:54:44 -0400 (EDT)

_________________ beginning of title page ___________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2998

TITLE:
Final Draft Agenda for the Twelfth Plenary Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
on September 20-23, 1999 in Berlin, Germany

DATE ASSIGNED:
1999-09-13

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Draft Agenda

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_______________ end of title page; beginning of agenda _____________

              TWELFTH PLENARY MEETING OF ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
                             BERLIN, GERMANY
                          SEPTEMBER 20-23, 1999

                            FINAL DRAFT AGENDA

Location: DIN Deutsches Institut fur Normung e.V.
          Burggrafenstrasse 6
          Berlin, Germany

          1000 to 1730 hours on September 20, 1999          
          0900 to 1500 hours on September 21, 1999
          0900 to 1730 hours on September 22, 1999
          0900 to 1200 hours on September 23, 1999

I.   OPENING OF MEETING

2.   CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

3.   ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

4.   APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

5.   ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
     Document N2998

6.   REPORT OF THE SECRETARY
     Document N2919, N2953

     6.1  SC22 Project Information
          Document N2920 

     6.2  Outstanding Actions From the Eleventh Plenary of SC22
          Document N2806

     6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents
          Document N2950
     
     6.4  SC22 Electronic Document Distribution

7.   ACTIVITY REPORTS

     7.1  Report from the Chairman
          Document N2880 

     7.2  National Reports
          (Written reports to be submitted by Heads of Delegation,
          presentation up to 5 minutes)
          Documents N2980, N2983, N2985, N2986, N2987, N2989, N2990

     7.3  Liaison Reports - External to ISO/IEC JTC 1

          7.3.1  CCE -   Commission of the European Communities

          7.3.2  CIRF -  International Institution for Production  
                         Engineering Research

          7.3.3  ECMA -  European Computer Manufacturers Association
               
          7.3.4  EWICS - European Workshop on Industrial Computer Systems

          7.3.5  IFIP -  International Federation for Information
                         Processing

                 7.3.5.1   IFIP TC2           K. Kakehi
                           Documents N2991, N2992

          7.3.6  ITU -   International Telecommunication Union

     7.4  Report of Liaison Officers

          7.4.1  Liaison Officer to SC 2 -     J. Van Wingen
                 Document N2997

          7.4.2  Liaison Officer to SC 7 -     I. Korn

          7.4.3  Liaison Officer to SC 29 -    M. Ellis
                 Document N2963
                 
          7.4.4  Liaison Officer to SC32 -     I. Korn

          7.4.5  Potential SC22 Liaisons

     7.5  Cooperative Agreement Reports

          7.5.1  CEN TC 304                    K. Simonsen/A. LaBonte

8.   WORKING GROUP BUSINESS PLANS AND REPORTS

     (Written reports to be submitted by Conveners before presentation.
     Presentation up to 15 minutes.  Reports for this Plenary will
     include the Business Plan required by JTC 1.)

     8.1  WG3 - APL                            L. Dickey
          Document

          8.1.1  Status of DIS 13751

     8.2  WG4 - COBOL                          A. Wallace
          Document N2974

     8.3  WG5 - Fortran                        M. Ellis
          Document N2942

          8.3.1  Extension of Schedule for Project JTC 1.22.02.01.01
                 Document N2942

          8.3.2  Request for Concurrent Registration and Approval of
                 Revised PDTR 15580
                 Document N2942

          8.3.3  Request for Concurrent Registration and Approval of
                 Revised PDTR 15581
                 Document N2942

     8.4  WG9 - Ada                             J. Moore
          Document N2947

     8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques              W. Wakker
          Document N2939

     8.6  WG13 - Modula-2                        M. Schoenhacker
          Document N2962

     8.7  WG14 - C                               J. Benito
          Document N2956

     8.8  WG15 - POSIX                           J. Oblinger
          Document N2973

          8.8.1  Request for Concurrent CD Registration and CD Ballots for
                 Project JTC 1.22.18011
                 Document N2973

          8.8.2  Request for Withdrawal of Project JTC 1.22.21.03.03
                 Document N2973

          8.8.3  C Language Incompatibilities
                 Document N2973

     8.9  WG16 - Lisp                            P. Parquier
          Document N2969

     8.10 WG17 - Prolog                          R. Scowen
          Document N2938

          8.10.1  Approval of New WG17 Convener
                  Document N2938

          8.10.2  Appointment of Project Editor for Project JTC
                  1.22.22.01
                  Document N2938

     8.11 WG19 - Formal Specification Languages   J. Wordsworth
          Document N2958

          8.11.1  Request for Concurrent CD Registration and CD Ballot
                  for Project JTC 1.22.29.02
                  Document N2958

     8.12 WG20 - Internationalization             A. Winkler
          Document N2921

          8.12.1  Request for Liaison with ISO TC46/SC2
                  Document N2921, N2922

          8.12.2  Request for Liaision with WWW Consortium
                  Document N2921, N2923

          8.12.3  Appointment of Project Editor for Project JTC 1.22.13.1
                  Document N2921

          8.12.4  Request for Concurrent CD Registration and FCD Ballot
                  for Project JTC 1.22.15897
                  Document N2921 

          8.12.5  Ireland Request for Transfer of Project 
                  JTC 1.22.30.02.02
                  Document N2986

          8.12.6  Japan Request for Discussion of WG20 CD/FCD Processing
                  Document N2993

     8.13 WG21 - C++                              T. Plum
          Document N2941 

     8.14 SC22/JSG                                R. Mathis
          Document N2994

9.   PROJECT EDITOR REPORTS

     9.1  Basic                                   T. Kurtz
          Document N2932 

     9.2  Pascal                                  T. Hetherington
          Document N2943

     9.3  PL/I                                    J. Klensin
          Document N2995

     9.4  PCTE                                    J. Dawes
          Document N2940

10.  AD HOC MEETINGS 

     10.1 Increasing Participation on Working Groups
          Document N2947, N2981

11.  DIN PRESENTATION ON PEARL

12.  ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

     12.1 Extension of Trial Period for Normative Referencing of
          Specifications Other Than International Standards
          Document N2122, N2123, N2880, N2884, N2966

     12.2 JTC 1 Request for Metrics of JTC 1 Accomplishments
          Document N2880, N2885, N2970

     12.3 JTC 1 Request for Input on Strategic Planning
          Document N2880, N2887, N2968

     12.4 SC22 Business Plan
          Document N2975

     12.5 SC22 Presentation to ISO/IEC JTC 1
          Document N2978

     12.6 Request to Make ISO/IEC IS 16509 Publicly Available
          Document N2944

13.  SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

     13.1 Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule
          Document N2984

     13.2 Standards for Periodic Review
          Document 

          13.2.1  IS 8652:1995 - Programming Language Ada
                  Document N2947

          13.2.2  IS 12227:1995 - SQL Ada Module Description Language
                  Document N2947

          13.2.3  IS 13211-1:1995 - Prolog, Part 1
                  Document N2938

          13.2.4  IS 6160:1979 - Programming Language PL/I
                  Document N2995

          13.2.5  IS 7185: 1990 - Programming Language Pascal
                  Document N2996

     13.3 Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years
          of NP Approval
          Document N2926, N2939, N2973 
          
     13.4 Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four Years
          of Reaching CD
          Document N2927, N2973 

     13.5 Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

          13.5.1  WG5 (Mr. Ellis)
                  Document N2942

          13.5.2  WG11 (Mr. Wakker)
                  Document 
          
          13.5.3  WG 13 (Mr. Schoenhacker)
                  Document

          13.5.4  WG14 (Mr. Benito)
                  Document N2956

          13.5.5  WG16 (Mr. Parquier)
                  Document N2969, N2988

          13.5.6  WG20 (Mr. Winkler)
                  Document N2964

          13.5.7  WG21 (Mr. Plum)
                  Document N2941

          13.5.8  JSG (Mr. Mathis)
                  Document N2994

     13.6 Status of SC22 Chairman Position

14.  OTHER BUSINESS

15.  APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

16.  ADJOURNMENT         

____________________________ end of SC22 N2998 ___________________________