Subject: Document SC22 N2216

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:01:25 -0400 (EDT)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N 2216

August 1996

TITLE:               Pascal Project Editor Report for the September 1996
                     JTC 1/SC22 Plenary

SOURCE:              Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:           N/A

STATUS:              N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:     N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:       Project Editor's Report

ACTION:              To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                     This Project Editor's Report will be an agenday
                     item for the September 1996 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary.

Address reply to:

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email: [email-masked]

__________________________________________________________________________

Pascal Project Editor's Report to SC22 Plenary         1996 July 26

At the last SC22 plenary (August 1995) it was agreed that maintenance 
and any development of ISO Pascal Standards would be undertaken by X3J9 
in conjunction with the related work on ANSI Pascal Standards.  The ISO 
and ANSI standards have the same technical content, and this synergy is 
very natural.  A catalogue of maintenance issues previously identified 
by WG2 has been passed to X3J9. 

Project 22.08: The current standard is ISO/IEC 7185:1990, Information 
technology, Programming languages - Pascal.  (That is, unextended Pascal.) 
This standard is very well established, and no further development is 
anticipated.

Project 22.19: The current standard is ISO/IEC 10206:1991, Information 
technology, Programming languages - Extended Pascal.  Besides the issues 
concerning interpretation of the published standard conveyed to X3J9, 
consideration is being given as to whether any other work is needed in 
the maintenance of this standard.

Other items: a number of clarifications relating to the ANSI Technical 
Report on Object-Oriented Extensions have been prepared in conjunction 
with development of an implementation. 

No SC22 actions relating to Pascal are requested at this time.

Tony Hetherington
Project Editor

______________________________end of document N2216 ____________________