Subject: SC22 N2935 - Canada Contribution to DIS 16509 Reconciliation Meeting

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:26:24 -0400 (EDT)

_________________________ beginning of title page _____________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2935

TITLE:
Contribution from the Canada National Body for Reconciliation Meeting for
ISO/IEC DIS 16509: Information technology - Year 2000 Terminology

DATE ASSIGNED:
1999-06-16

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.16509

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N2907, N2914

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

______________ end of title page; beginning of document ________________

From: "Doug, Langlotz" <[email-masked]>

Subject: Canadian Contribution to DIS 16509 Editing Meeting June 22, 1999

CANADIAN CONTRIBUTION TO DIS 16509 EDITING MEETING JUNE 22, 1999

CANADA SUPPORTED THIS DIS AS WRITTEN WHEN ORIGINALLY SUBMITTED FOR VOTE AND
OPPOSES ANY CHANGE TO THE DEFINITIONS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENT DIS 16509.
CANADA THEREFORE FORMALLY REGISTERS ITS DISAPPROVAL OF ANY CHANGES TO THE
DEFINITIONS IN DIS 16509.

Another circulation and ballot would put the final date of this document so
far out that the usefulness of such a document would then be moot. Another
way to say this is that the usefulness of this document will have passed
before it is published!

Canada would be favourable to future review of substantive input only after
the existing DIS is approved and published. At such a time, if the changes
proposed are in keeping with the spirit and intent of the standard, Canada
would support an amendment to the standard.

_______________________ end of SC22 N2935 ______________________________