Subject: N2928 - First Draft Agenda for September 1999 SC22 Plenary

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:59:07 -0400 (EDT)

___________________ beginning of title page ____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2928

TITLE:
First Draft Agenda for the Twelfth Plenary Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
on September 20-23, 1999 in Berlin, Germany

DATE ASSIGNED:
1999-05-17

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Draft Agenda

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

____________ end of title page; beginning of agenda _____________________

              TWELFTH PLENARY MEETING OF ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
                             BERLIN, GERMANY
                          SEPTEMBER 20-23, 1999

                              DRAFT AGENDA

Location: DIN Deutsches Institut fur Normung e.V.
          Burggrafenstrasse 6
          Berlin, Germany

          1000 to 1700 hours on September 20, 1999          
          0900 to 1700 hours on September 21-23, 1999

I.   OPENING OF MEETING

2.   CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

3.   ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

4.   APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

5.   ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
     Document N2928 

6.   REPORT OF THE SECRETARY
     Document N2919

     6.1  SC22 Project Information
          Document N2920 

     6.2  Outstanding Actions From the Eleventh Plenary of SC22
          Document N2806

     6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents
          Document N2900

7.   ACTIVITY REPORTS

     7.1  Report from the Chairman
          Document 

     7.2  National Reports
          (Written reports to be submitted by Heads of Delegation,
          presentation up to 5 minutes)
          
     7.3  Liaison Reports - External to ISO/IEC JTC 1

          7.3.1  CCE -   Commission of the European Communities

          7.3.2  CIRF -  International Institution for Production
                         Engineering Research

          7.3.3  ECMA -  European Computer Manufacturers Association
               
          7.3.4  EWICS - European Workshop on Industrial Computer Systems

          7.3.5  IFIP -  International Federation for Information
                         Processing

                 7.3.5.1 IFIP TC2                     K. Kakehi

          7.3.6  ITU -   International Telecommunication Union

     7.4  Report of Liaison Officers

          7.4.1  Liaison Officer to SC 2 -            J. Van Wingen
               
          7.4.2  Liaison Officer to SC 7 -            I. Korn

          7.4.3  Liaison Officer to SC 29 -           M. Ellis
               
          7.4.4  Liaison Officer to SC32 -            I. Korn

          7.4.5  Potential SC22 Liaisons

     7.5  Cooperative Agreement Reports

          7.5.1  CEN TC 304                    K. Simonsen/A. LaBonte

8.   WORKING GROUP BUSINESS PLANS AND REPORTS

     (Written reports to be submitted by Conveners before presentation.
      Presentation up to 15 minutes.  Reports for this Plenary will
      include the Business Plan required by JTC 1.)

     8.1  WG3 - APL                               L. Dickey
          Document

     8.2  WG4 - COBOL                             A. Wallace
          Document

     8.3  WG5 - Fortran                           M. Ellis
          Document

     8.4  WG9 - Ada                               J. Moore
          Document 

     8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques               W. Wakker
          Document

     8.6  WG13 - Modula-2                         M. Schoenhacker
          Document 

     8.7  WG14 - C                                J. Benito
          Document 

     8.8  WG15 - POSIX                            J. Oblinger
          Document 
     
     8.9  WG16 - Lisp                             P. Parquier
          Document 

     8.10 WG17 - Prolog                           R. Scowen
          Document 

     8.11 WG19 - Formal Specification Languages   J. Wordsworth
          Document 

     8.12 WG20 - Internationalization             A. Winkler
          Document N2921

          8.12.1 Liaison Requests
                 Document N2921, N2922, N2923

          8.12.2 Appointment of Project Editor for Project JTC 1.22.13.1
                 Document N2921

          8.12.3 Request for Concurrent CD Registration and FCD Ballot
                 for Project JTC 1.22.15897
                 Document N2921 

     8.13 WG21 - C++                                T. Plum
          Document 

     8.14 SC22/JSG                                  R. Mathis
          Document 

9.   PROJECT EDITOR REPORTS

     9.1  Basic                                     T. Kurtz
          Document 

     9.2  Pascal                                    T. Hetherington
          Document 

     9.3  PL/I                                      J. Klensin
          Document 

     9.4  PCTE                                      J. Dawes
          Document

10.  AD HOC MEETINGS (as required)

11.  ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

     11.1 Extension of Trial Period for Normative Referencing of
          Specifications Other Than International Standards
          Document N2884, N2122, N2123

     11.2 JTC 1 Request for Metrics of JTC 1 Accomplishments
          Document N2885

     11.3 JTC 1 Request for Input on Strategic Planning
          Document N2887

     11.4 SC22 Business Plan
          Document 

12.  SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

     12.1 Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule

     12.2 Standards for Periodic Review
          Document 

     12.3 Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years
          of NP Approval
          Document N2926 
          
     12.4 Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four Years
          of Reaching CD
          Document N2927 

     12.5 Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

          12.5.1 WG5 (Mr. Ellis)
                 Document 

          12.5.2 WG11 (Mr. Wakker)
                 Document 
          
          12.5.3 WG 13 (Mr. Schoenhacker)
                 Document

          12.5.4 WG14 (Mr. Benito)
                 Document

          12.5.5 WG16 (Mr. Parquier)
                 Document

          12.5.6 WG20 (Mr. Winkler)
                 Document

          12.5.7 WG21 (Mr. Plum)
                 Document

          12.5.8 JSG (Mr. Mathis)
                 Document 

13.  OTHER BUSINESS

14.  APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

15.  ADJOURNMENT         

____________________ end of SC22 N2928 _________________________________-