Subject: SC22 N2895 - Vote Summary on WG20 Request for Subdivision of Project JTC 1.22.13

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:14:58 -0500 (EST)

_________________ beginning of title page ________________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2895

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on Request for Subdivision of Project JTC 1.22.13 to
Produce Amendment 1 to ISO/IEC 10176:1998 - Information technology -
Guidelines for the Preparation of Programming Language Standards

DATE ASSIGNED:
1999-03-09

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.13.1

STATUS:
This request has been approved.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N2846, N2896

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_______________ end of title page; beginning of overall summary _________

                          SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2846
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1998-11-30
Closing Date:                1999-03-08

SUBJECT:  Request for Subdivision of Project JTC 1.22.13 to Produce
Amendment 1 to ISO/IEC 10176:1998 - Information technology - Guidelines
for the Preparation of Programming Language Standards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
       without comment                      12

"P" Members supporting approval
       with comment                          0

"P" Members not supporting approval          0

"P" Members abstaining                       4

"P" Members not voting                       6

"O" Members supporting approval
       without comment                       2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

This request has been approved.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from France was:  "AFNOR
abstains due to lack of resources."  The comment accompanying the
abstention vote from the United Kingdom was:  "Due to lack of expertise."

__________ end of overall summary; beginning of detail summary __________

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.13

SUBJECT:  Request for Subdivision of Project JTC 1.22.13 to Produce Amendment
          1 to ISO/IEC 10176:1998 - Information technology - Guidelines for
          the Preparation of Programming Language Standards

Reference Document No:  N2846           Ballot Document No:  N2846
Circulation Date:       1998-11-30      Closing Date:  1999-03-08
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove  Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
Austria                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Belgium                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
China                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Germany                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
UK                      ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

'O' Members

Korea Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

_____________________ end of SC22 N2895 ________________________________