Subject: SC22 N2087

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:04:14 -0500 (EST)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A. (ANSI)

N2087

March 1996

TITLE:			Venue Notice and Agenda for SC22/WG13 Meeting on 
			June 3-7, 1996 in Oxford, United Kingdom

SOURCE:			Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:		N/A

STATUS:			N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:	N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:		Venue Notice and Agenda

ACTION:			To SC22 Member Bodies for information or action, 
			as appropriate.

Address reply to:  ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153
Tel:  (703) 912-9680
Fax:  (703) 912-2973
E-mail:  [email-masked]

_____________________________________________________________________________

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%-invitation-%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

11th Meeting of SC22WG13 in Oxford(UK) 3-7 June 1996.
================================================

As a result of an invitation by David Lightfood, and following my
preliminary e-mail announcement I take pleasure in formally calling 
the 11th meeting of WG13.

This meeting will be held in Oxford, at Oxford Brookes University
Headington Campus.  The campus is about 1.5 km east of Oxford town center 
(about 20 mins walk). Travel from Heathrow or from London City centre 
is easy, quick and cheap (by coach). 

The meeting will 
- start on Monday June 3rd at 9.00 and 
- end on   Friday June 7th at lunch time.

The meeting will be hosted by David Lightfood.
David has arranged a room for up to 15 people and e-mail facilities.
David will try to find sponsorship from local and interested organizations
so as to avoid having to pass the costs to delegates.

There is a special price of UKP 42 per person per night for bed and
breakfast in a local (5 mins walk) guest house, but people would have to
confirm their commitment to this in advance.
Details of lodging and transportation will be provided later.

Since these dates are all in the Summer term, all the university's
catering facilities will be in service, so we could get relatively cheap
lunches. For evening meals the university facilities may suffice, but
there is a pub nearby and the suburb of Headington and the city centre
both have restaurants.

The main emphasis during the meeting will be handling the comments
that have come in on the OO and Generic proposal, the handling of our
other work items, the handling of our technical proposals (C-binding and
pragma) and the general administrative regulations.

Provisional agenda:

1 - Welcome, Opening
2 - Confirmation of Agenda
3 - Roll Call of Delegates
4 - Resolutions and Minutes of the Vienna Meeting.
5 - Report from the interim convener; Overview of Activities; 
    Administrative issues w.r.t. SC22
6 - Convenership of WG13  !!!!
7 - The status of IS 10514-1
8 - Result of the ballot on the nomination of project editor for OO.
9 - Result of the ballot on the nomination of project editor for Generics.
10- Result of the ballot on JTC1 22.18.2 (Object Oriented M-2); 
    preparing the Disposition of Comments.
11- Result of the ballot on JTC1 22.18.4 (Ext. for Systems Progr. = Generics); 
    Preparing the Disposition of Comments.
12- Project 22.18.3 (Modula-2 binding to POSIX)
13- Project 22.18.5 (Support for commercial programming in Modula-2)
14- Project 22.18.6 (Further support for concurrent programming in Modula-2)
15- The C-interfacing proposal (D228) (* has not yet appeared *)
16- The Pragma proposal (D224)
17- Reordering and renaming our work items.
18- WG13 on WWW
19- Work Schedule and Next Meeting(s)
20- Preparing the Resolutions and Minutes
21- Any Other Business
22- Adjournment

Ad hoc meetings will be held when needed.

Please note that a meeting can only be successful when sufficient
WG members and sufficient National Bodies are represented.

Regards, Kees Pronk (Interim Convener WG13)