Subject: SC22 N2875 - Vote Summary for PDAM8 to IS 9945-1 - POSIX System API - Additional Realtime Extensions (C Language)

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:58:55 -0500 (EST)

___________________ beginning of title page _________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2875

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on PDAM8 to IS 9945-1: Information technology - Portable
Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Part 1: System Application Program
Interface (API) - Amendment 8 - Additional Realtime Extensions (C
Language)

DATE ASSIGNED:
1999-01-18

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.40

STATUS:
WG15 is requested to make a recommendation on the further processing of
the PDAM.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI to SC22 Member Bodies; ACT to WG15

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2817

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_______ end of title page; beginning of overall summary _____________

                         SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2817
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1998-08-28
Closing Date:                1999-01-15

SUBJECT:  PDAM Approval Ballot for PDAM8 to IS 9945-1: Information
technology - Portable Operating System Interface - Part 1: System
Application Program Interface (API) - Amendment 8:  Additional Realtime
Extensions (C Language)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
      without comments                      17

"P" Members supporting approval
      with comments                          0

"P" Members not supporting approval          0

"P" Members abstaining                       2

"P" Members not voting                       3

"O" Members abstaining                       1

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

WG15 is requested to make a recommendation on the further processing of
the PDAM.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was:  "Lack of
expert resources."  The comment accompanying the abstention vote from
France was:  "Lack of resources."  The comment accompanying the abstention
vote from Sweden was:  "Lack of expertise."

_____ end of overall summary; beginnng of detailed summary ___________

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.40

SUBJECT:  PDAM Approval Ballot for PDAM8 to IS 9945-1: Information technology
          - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Part 1: System
          Application Program Interface (API), Amendment 8 - Additional
          Realtime Extensions (C Language)

Reference Document No:  N2817           Ballot Document No:  N2817
Circulation Date:       1998-08-28      Closing Date:  1999-01-15
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                      Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria                 ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
China                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Germany                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

'O' Members Voting

Sweden                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )

__________________ end of SC22 N2875 ________________________________