Subject: SC22 N2859 - Voting Summary on FDISP 15287.01 - POSIX Supercomputing Application Environment Profiles

From: William Rinehuls <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:57:20 -0500 (EST)

____________________ beginning of title page ________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A. (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2859

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on Final DISP Ballot for FDISP 15287.01 - Information
technology - Programming languages, their environments and system software
interfaces - International Standardized Profiles PSEnn - POSIX OSE
Profiles - Part 1: PSE10-HIP - POSIX Supercomputing Application
Environment Profiles

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-12-17

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.15287.01

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI to SC22 Member Bodies; ACT to WG15

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2723 (rev)

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

__________ end of title page; beginning of overall summary ____________

                       SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2723 (rev)
Distributed by:              JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1998-07-29
Closing Date:                1998-12-16

SUBJECT:  Final DISP Ballot for FDISP 15287.01 - Information technology -
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces -
International Standardized Profiles PDSnn - POSIX OSE Profiles - Part 1:
PSE10-HIP - POSIX Supercomputing Application Environment Profiles

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
       without comment                    15

"P" Members supporting approval
       with comment                        2

"P" Members not supporting approval        0

"P" Members abstaining:                    3

"P" Members not voting:                    2

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

WG15 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the FDISP.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was:  "Lack of
expert resources."  The comment accompanying the abstention vote from
France was:  "AFNOR abstains due to lack of resources."

The comments accompanying the affirmative votes from Canada and the
Netherlands are attached.

_____________ end of overall summary; beginning of detailed summary ___

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.15287.01

SUBJECT:  Final DISP Ballot for FDISP 15287.01 - Information technology -
          Programming languages, their environments and system software
          interfaces - International Standardized Profiles PSEnn- POSIX OSE
          Profiles - Part 1: PSE10-HIP - POSIX Supercomputing Application
          Environment Profiles
          
Reference Document No:  N2723 (rev)    Ballot Document No:  N2723 (rev)
Circulation Date:       1998-07-29     Closing Date:  1998-12-16 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P                  Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                      Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria                 ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Brazil                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
China                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Germany                 ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
Norway                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

________ end of detailed summary; beginning of Canada comments _______

          Comments Accompanying the Affirmative Vote From Canada

Canada APPROVES AS WRITTEN however we submit the following:

Note that:

1) this is a three year old IEEE standard and that is should come up for
review in two years rather than the normal five;

2)  recommend in future that approved IEEE standards being forwarded to
ISO for adoption outside of the normal WG15 synchronization plan like this
be fast tracked.

_______end of Canada Comments; beginning of Netherland Comments________

 ----------
Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:12:11 -0500 (EST)
From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: NNI's vote for SC22 (POSIX ISP 15287-1) (fwd)

From: John Bijlsma <[email-masked]>

Subject: NNI's vote for SC22 (POSIX ISP 15287-1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
22N2723     ISO/IEC ISP 15287-1
International Standardized Profiles PSEnn - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX)
OSE Profiles - Part 1: PSE10-HIP - POSIX Supercomputing Application
Environment Profile"
1998-11-16 APPROVAL WITH COMMENT
Section 2
add document IEEE Std. 1003.1c-1995
add document IEEE P1003.1a, because this document is referenced at in Annex D.4.2 line 114
add document IEEE P1003.2c, because this document is refernced at in Annex F.2.4, line 35
Section 3
ad 4.3.7 - why does this document has no reference?
ad 4.3. -  replace the term "POSIX.4" by "POSIX.1b";
             this document should be amended by
             IEEE Std. 1003.1c-1995.
ad 4.3.10 - replace the term "POSIX.5b" and add to the document                     title: "as amended by IEEE Std. 1003.5b-1996"
ad 4.3.11 - why does this document has no reference?
ad 4.3.14 - replace the term "POSIX.15" by "POSIX.2d"

_________________ end of SC22 N2859 _____________________________________