Subject: SC22 N2841 - Resolutions from WG20 Meeting

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:21:22 -0500 (EST)

_______________ beginning of title page ____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat: U.S.A. (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2841

TITLE:
Resolutions from the SC22/WG20 (Internationalization) Meeting on October
18-22, 1998 in Tel Aviv, Israel

DATE ASSIGNED:		
1998-11-12

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
WG Resoltuions

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DOCUMENTATION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

____________ end of title page; beginning of resolutions __________

Title: ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20 resolutions, Tel Aviv meeting
1998-10-18/22
Source: ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20
Date: 1998-10-22
Status: approved unanimously, unless otherwise noted

Resolution R9810-01: Meeting Schedule 

WG20 resolves to have the following meeting schedule:

1999-05-03/07: Malvern, USA
1999-11-08/12: Copenhagen, Denmark 
2000-05: Québec, Canada

Resolution R9810-02: Liaison to the Unicode Technical Committee

WG20 approves N599R as the statement of mutual benefits and
responsibilities for cooperation with Unicode Inc.

Resolution R9810-03: amendment of TR 10176 - Guidelines for PL

WG20 resolves to ask SC22 to amend TR 10176 to correct annex A with
deletion of 16 characters that are not letter-like as noted in N609.
WG20 approves N618 as the final proposed draft amendment for this
technical report and instructs its convener to forward it to the SC22
secretariat for FPDAM ballot.

Resolution R9810-04: Progressing of ISO/IEC 14651 - sorting

The editor will send the draft FCD to the WG20 web by 1998-10-22. WG20
members can comment until 1998-11-04.
The editor will resolve any comments and submit the FCD to the convener
by 1998-11-12, who will send it to the SC22 secretariat for FCD ballot
the same day.

Resolution R9810-05: Progressing of ISO/IEC 14652 - cultural conventions

The editor will send the draft FCD to the WG20 web by 1998-11-03. WG20
members can comment until 1998-11-09.
The editor will resolve any comments and submit the FCD to the convener
by 1998-11-12, who will send it to the SC22 secretariat for FCD ballot
the same day.

Resolution R9810-06: Progressing of ISO/IEC 15435 - i18n API

The editor will provide a new working draft by end December 1998.

Resolution R9810-07: Electronic Commerce

WG20 approves N622 as its response to SC22 resolution 98-3 on electronic
commerce.

Resolution R9810-08: Year 2000 compliance

WG20 approves N621 as its response to an email request from JTC 1 on
Y2K, and instructs its convener to forward it to the SC22 and JTC1
secretariats.

Resolution R9810-09: Representation at the JTC 1 CLAUI TD ad hoc meeting

WG20 appoints Alain LaBonté, Keld Simonsen, Masayuki Takata and John
Clews as the WG20 representatives to the JTC 1 for the ad hoc meeting on
the cultural and linguistic adaptability and user interfaces TD in
Paris, December 1998.

Resolution R9810-10: Thanks

ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20 thanks

- Standards Institution of Israel, especially Shoshana Saad, and Stefan
Fuchs for their hospitality and support.
- Israel Gidali for his presentation on bidirectional issues.
- Keld Simonsen, Masayuki Takata, and Ken Whistler for drafting the
resolutions.
- Arnold Winkler for taking minutes and chairing the Tel Aviv meeting.
Approved by acclamation.

____________________ end of SC22 N2841 _________________________________