Subject: SC22 N2828 - Balloting on DIS 17025

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:11:11 -0400 (EDT)

_______________ beginning of title page ________________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2828

TITLE:
Notification to SC22 Member Bodies of Balloting on ISO/IEC DIS 17025 -
General Requirements for Competence of Testing and Calibration
Laboratories

DATE ASSIGNED:		
1998-10-09

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_______________ end of title page; beginning of text ________________

TO:		SC22 Member Bodies

SUBJECT:	DIS 17025

I have been informed that there is an ISO/DIS 17025 out for ballot which
should be of interest to some in SC22.  The title is General
Requirements for Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.  It
is intended that this document will replace ISO Guide 25:1990 (and also
EN 45001:1989).  You can access a copy of this DIS at the following URL:

	 http://web.ansi.org/reports/master.asp?room=22

I understand that comments are due in Geneva by 3 December.  We have not
been asked to comment on this document.  However, National Bodies are
now in the process of formulating positions.  If you have any comments
on the content of this document, please contact your National Body so
that your comments can be included in its position.

Bob Follett

_____________________ end of SC22 N2828 ________________________________