Subject: SC22 N2821 - Disposition of Comments Report for DIS 15852 - M Windowing API (Fast-track Process)

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:27:53 -0400 (EDT)

____________________ beginning of title page __________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat: U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2821

TITLE:
Disposition of Comments Report for DIS 15852 - Information technology -
Programming languages - M Windowing Application Portability Interface
(API) (Fast-track Process)

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-09-23

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Disposition of Comments Report

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.15852

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2681

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_____________ end of title page; beginning of report _____________________

                    DISPOSITION OF COMMENTS REPORT ON
          DIS 15852, Information Technology, Programming Language, 
                            M Windowing API

ISO/IEC DIS 15852 Norwegian Comments

The use of this standard is too limited, and the standard itself seems
"unfinished" (limited on some points, index not updated, etc.).  We
therefore see no interest in the work of making "M Windowing API" an
international standard.

The MDC accepts this comment with the observation that this is the first
version of this particular standard.  Like many first versions of
standards, it fails to address items that escaped our attention prior to
commercial implementation of the standard.  This standard has been
implemented and at least one conforming product is commercially available
in the international marketplace at this time.  This standard has
undergone revision and extension within the MDC and we are confident that
subsequent versions of the standard will seem more "finished."  The
current MDC Draft Standard (M Windowing API, v. 1.2, X11/SC12/TG12/96-1)
is available from the MDC Secretariat for review.

___________________ end of SC22 N2821 ________________________________