Subject: SC22 N2808 - Approved Agenda for August 1998 SC22 Plenary

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:57:53 -0400 (EDT)

__________________ beginning of title page _________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2808

TITLE:
Approved Agenda for the Eleventh Plenary Meeting of JTC 1/SC22 on August
24-27, 1998 in Snekkersten, Denmark

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-09-01

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Approved Agenda

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2805, N2806, N2807

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_____________ end of title page; beginning of agenda _____________

              ELEVENTH PLENARY MEETING OF ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
                          SNEKKERSTEN,  DENMARK
                            AUGUST 24-27, 1998
                                     
                              APPROVED AGENDA 

Location: Scanticon Comwell Borupgaard
          Norrevej 80
          DK-3070 Snekkersten
          Denmark

I.   OPENING OF MEETING

2.   CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

3.   ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

4.   APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

5.   ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
     Document N2808

6.   REPORT OF THE SECRETARY
     Documents N2587, N2680,  N2696, N2703

     6.1  SC22 Project Information
          Document N2696

     6.2  Outstanding Actions From the Tenth Plenary of SC22
          Document N2574

     6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents

     6.4  Status of SC22 Secretariat
          Document N2720

7.   ACTIVITY REPORTS

     7.1  Report from the Chairman
          Document N2726

     7.2  National Reports
          (Written reports to be submitted by Heads of Delegation,
          presentation up to 5 minutes)
          Documents N2712 (Norway), N2729 (Czech Republic), N2731
          (Ireland), N2734 (Finland), N2739 (Netherlands), N2771
          (United Kingdom), N2782 (Germany), N2787 (Austria), N2788
          (France), N2789 (Japan), N2802 (Denmark), N2803 (Canada),
          N2804 (USA)

     7.3  Liaison Reports - External to ISO/IEC JTC 1

          7.3.1  CCE  -    Commission of the European Communities

          7.3.2  CIRF -    International Institution for Production
                           Engineering Research

          7.3.3  ECMA -    European Computer Manufacturers Association
                 Document N2757

          7.3.4  EWICS -   European Workshop on Industrial Computer
                           Systems

          7.3.5  IFIP -    International Federation for Information
                           Processing

          7.3.6  ITU -     International Telecommunication Union

     7.4  Report of Liaison Officers

          7.4.1  Liaison Officer to SC 1 -          R. Follett

          7.4.2  Liaison Officer to SC 2 -          J. Van Wingen
                 Document N2801

          7.4.3  Liaison Officer to SC 7 -          to be determined

          7.4.4  Liaison Office to SC 24 -          R. Mathis
                 Document N2756

          7.4.5  Liaison Officer to SC27 -          R. Follett

          7.4.6  Liaison Officer to SC 29 -         R. Mathis
                 Document N2756

          7.4.7  Potential SC22 Liaisons

     7.5  Cooperative Agreement Reports

          7.5.1  CEN TC 304                         K. Simonsen/A. LaBonte
                 
8.   WORKING GROUP BUSINESS PLANS AND REPORTS

     (Written reports to be submitted by Conveners before presentation.
     Presentation up to 15 minutes.  Reports for this Plenary will include
     the Business Plan required by JTC 1.)

     8.1  WG3 - APL                                 L. Dickey
          Document N2777

     8.2  WG4 - COBOL                               A. Wallace
          Document N2775

     8.3  WG5 - Fortran                             M. Ellis
          Document N2742

          8.3.1  Appointment of Project Editor, Project JTC 1.22.02.02
                 Document N2742

          8.3.2  Request for Concuirrent CD Registration and FCD Ballot
                 for Project JTC 1.22.02.02
                 Document N2742

          8.3.3  Request for Withdrawal of Project JTC 1.22.02.01.03
                 Document N2742

          8.3.4  Appreciation to Jerrold Wagener and Michael Hennecke
                 Document N2742

     8.4  WG9 - Ada                                 J. Moore
          Document N2752

          8.4.1  Appointment of Project Editor, Project JTC 1.22.15942
                 Document N2752

          8.4.2  Approval of NWI for Ada: Conformity Assessment
                 Document N2765, N2783

          8.4.3  Approval of Registration of PDTR 15942
                 Document N2763

          8.4.4  Request for Approval of Concurrent CD and FCD Ballot for
                 Ada: Conformity Assessment
                 Document N2790

     8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques                      W. Wakker
          Documents N2728, N2730

          8.5.1  WG11 Terms of Reference
                 Document N2728

     8.6  WG13 - Modula-2                                M. Schoenhacker
          Document N2785

     8.7  WG14 - C                                       J. Benito
          Document N2753

          8.7.1 Standardization of Basic I/O Hardware Addressing
                Document N2767

     8.8  WG15 - POSIX                                   J. Isaak
          Document N2748

          8.8.1  Future of WG15
                 Document N2685, N2748

          8.8.2  Withdrawal of Projects JTC 1.22.42 and JTC 1.22.43
                 Document N2748

          8.8.3  Recommendation on Extending Fast-Track Process
                 Document N2748

     8.9  WG16 - Lisp                                   P. Parquier
          Document N2786

     8.10 WG17 - Prolog                                 R. Scowan
          Document N2727

     8.11 WG19 - Formal Specificiation Languages        J. Wordsworth
          Document N2774, N2776

          8.11.1 Appointment of Project Editor, Project JTC 1.22.45
                 Document N2776

     8.12 WG20 - Internationalization                   A. Winkler
          Document N2747

          8.12.1 Approval of Title Change for Project JTC
                 1.22.30.02.03
                 Document N2747

          8.12.2 Request for Revision of ISO/IEC TR 10176
                 Document N2762

     8.13 WG21 - C++                                     T. Plum
          Document N2714

          8.13.1 Request for SC22 Confirmation of Previous Direction
                 Document N2718

     8.14 WG22 - PCTE                                    R. Minot
          Document N2722

          8.14.1 Future of WG22
                 Document N2722

     8.15 SC22/JSG                                       R. Mathis
          Document N2758

9.   PROJECT EDITOR REPORTS

     9.1  Basic                                          T. Kurtz
          Document N2721

     9.2  FIMS                                           D. Frantz
          Document N2764

     9.3  Pascal                                         T. Hetherington
          Document N2751

     9.4  PL/I                                           J. Klensin
          Document N2769

10.  AD HOC MEETINGS (as required)

     10.1 Ballot Resolution for DIS 15897 - Procedures for European
          Registration of Cultural Elements
          Document N2717

11.  ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

     11.1 Cultural Adaptability Workshop Recommendations
          Documents N2668, N2705

     11.2 JTC 1 Ad Hoc on Implementing Information Technology Results
          Document N2669, N2726

     11.3 JTC 1 Ad Hoc on Procedures Issues
          Document N2669, N2726

     11.4 SC22 Business Plan
          Document N2796

     11.5 Ballot Resolution of DIS 16262: ECMAScript
          Documents N2706, N2707, N2743, N2745

     11.6 JTC 1 Technical Direction and Organization

          11.6.1 JTC 1 External Message Strategy
                 Document N2708

          11.6.2 Revised JTC 1 Technical Directions, Organization
                 Structure and Modes of Operation
                 Documents N2590, N2709

          11.6.3 JTC 1 Toolbox
                 Document N2710

          11.6.4 Electronic Collaboration
                 Document N2726, N2791

     11.7 Electronic Commerce Standardization
          Document N2726, N2735, N2736

     11.8 SC22 Liaison With IFIP TC 2
          Document N2738

     11.9 SC22 Plenary Organization
          Document N2754

12.  SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

     12.1 Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule

     12.2 Standards for Periodic Review
          Document N2674

          12.2.1  ISO 8485:1989 - Programming Language APL
                  Document N2777

          12.2.2  ISO/IEC 1539-2:1994 - Fortran, Part 2: Varying Length
                  Character Strings
                  Document N2742

          12.2.3  ISO/IEC 11430:1994 - Generic Package of Elementary
                  Functions for Ada
                  Document N2752

          12.2.4  ISO/IEC 11729:1994 - Generic Package of Primitive
                  Functions for Ada
                  Document N2752

          12.2.5  ISO/IEC 10967-1:1994 - Language Independent Arithmetic -
                  Part 1: Integer and Floating Point Arithmetic
                  Document N2728

          12.2.6  ISO/IEC 13210:1994 - Test Methods for Measuring
                  Conformance to POSIX

          12.2.7  ISO/IEC 11730:1994 - Form Interface Management System
                  (FIMS)
                  Document N2739, N2764

          12.2.8  ISO 6373:1984 - Programming Language Minimal BASIC
                  Document N2749

     12.3 Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years
          of NP Approval
          Document N2698, N2728, N2742, N2748, N2776

     12.4 Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four Years
          of Reaching CD
          Document N2699

     12.5 Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

          12.5.1  WG15 (Mr. Isaak)
                  Document N2685

          12.5.2  WG22 (Mr. Minot)
                  Document N2722

          12.5.3  JSG (Mr. Mathis)
                  Document N2758

13.  OTHER BUSINESS

14.  APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

15.  ADJOURNMENT         

______________________ end of SC22 N2808 __________________________