Subject: Revised N2723 - POSIX-Based Supercomputing FPDISP Ballot

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:23:47 -0400 (EDT)

Note:  In conversation with Keith Brannon at ISO/IEC ITTF last week, he
noted that it was necessary to change the number of the FPDISP contained
in document N2723 from 15287.01 to 16469.

This revision is only to the title page and the letter ballot.  The
content of the document distributed in SC22 N2723 has not changed.

I will discuss this further at the plenary

___________________ beginning of title page ___________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2723 REVISED

TITLE:
Final Proposed DISP Ballot for FPDISP 16469 - Information technology -
Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Standardized Application
Environment Profile - POSIX-Based Supercomputing Application Environment
Profile (AEP)

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-06-02/revised 1998-08-08

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Final FPDISP Ballot

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.16469

STATUS:
The Explanatory Report required by the JTC 1 Directives to accompany this
FPDISP is at document SC22 N2724.

Please note that the only change in this revision is to the FPDISP Number.
It was determined by ISO/IEC ITTF that the previously assigned number
(15287.01) could not be used and a new Project Number and corresponding
FPDISP number has been assigned.

A revised SC22 Letter Ballot is attached; the document previously
distributed has not been changed in any way.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
ACT

DUE DATE:
1998-12-16

DISTRIBUTION:
Paper

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2724

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

__________ end of title page; beginning of revised letter ballot _____
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ISO/IEC                         VOTE ON FPDISP 16469

                                Date of circulation:     1998-06-29
                                Closing date for voting: 1998-11-16 
                                Reference number: SC22 N2723 (revised)

P-members have an obligation to vote
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

Circulated to P-members of the committee for voting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please send this form, duly completed, to the secretariat indicated above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPDISP 16469

TITLE:  Information technology - Portable Operating System Interface
(POSIX) - Standardized Application Environment Profile - POSIX-Based
Supercomputing Application Environment Profile (AEP)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please put an "x" on the appropriate line(s)

Approval of the draft:

_____ as presented

_____ with comments as given below (use separate page as annex, if
      necessary

      _____ general

      _____ technical

      _____ editorial

_____ Disapproval of the draft for reasons below (use separate page as
      annex, if necessary)

      _____ Acceptance of these reasons and appropriate changes in the
            text will change our vote to approval

_____ Abstention (for reasons below)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
P-member voting

Date:                               Signature (if mailed )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

____________________ end of SC22 N2723 (revised)  ____________________-