Subject: SC22 N2788 - France National Body Activity Report for Plenary

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 16:28:16 -0400 (EDT)

____________________ beginning of title page ______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2788

TITLE:
France National Body Activity Report for the August 1998 JTC 1/SC22
Plenary

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-08-05

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Activity Report

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
Discussion of this document will be an agenda item for the August 1998 JTC
1/SC22 Plenary

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

______________ end of title page; beginning of report _____________

       AFNOR Activity Report to the 11th Plenary of SC22

AFNOR/CGTI/CN22 is the French mirror of JTC1/SC22. It gives AFNOR's
positions and casts the votes to the SC22, and hosts within different
working groups (CN22/GEx) the experts who work at national and/or
international level.

Current mirroring of JTC1/SC22 is as follows: 

    ISO        French
    Group      mirror     focus    chairman 
    ---------  ---------  -------  ----------------------
    SC22       CN22                Mr Parquier (ILOG) 
    SC22/JSG   CN22/JAVA  JAVA     Mr Séniak (ILOG) 
    SC22/WG5   CN22/GE5   FORTRAN  Mr Lignelet (CNAM) 
    SC22/WG9   CN22/GE9   ADA      Mr Rosen (ADALOG) 
    SC22/WG14  CN22/GE21  C9x C++  Mr Lextrait (AMADEUS) 
    SC22/WG16  CN22/GE16  LISP     Mr Parquier (ILOG) 
    SC22/WG20  CN22/GE20  I18N     Mr Diquélou (AFNOR) 
    SC22/WG21  CN22/GE21  C9x C++  Mr Lextrait (AMADEUS) 

Secretariate of all groups is handled by Arnaud Diquélou (AFNOR,
[email-masked])

Non mirrored groups are addressed by CN22, except SC22/WG22 which is
addressed by CN7/GE4 (in the French JTC1/SC7 mirror). Below is a
summary of activity during the passed year (August 1997 - August 1998),
ordered by WG.

SC22/JSG

  Currently active to prepare for review of the upcoming PAS.  Has
  been a very active forum for the two votes on Sun's PAS status.
 
SC22/WG3

  AFNOR has no mirror for WG3. 

SC22/WG4

  No mirror group, CN22/GE4 COBOL remains disbanded, due to lack of
  interested parties.

SC22/WG5

  CN22/GE5 FORTRAN met four times, works by email. GE5 sent no
  delegate to WG5 meetings, but contributes by email to
  WG5. Contributed to object-orientated Fortran, and to Fortran-C
  binding. France has offered to host June 1999 WG5 meeting.

SC22/WG9

  CN22/GE9 ADA met four times. Future is uncertain due to lack of
  funding.

SC22/WG15

  CN22/GE15 POSIX was disbanded in September 1997 due to lack of
  funding.

SC22/WG14

  CN22/GE21 handles C9x. One meeting was devoted to C9x. Sent one
  delegate to June 1998 WG14 meeting, and is likely to continue.

SC22/WG16

  AFNOR provides convernorship and secretariat of SC22/WG16.

SC22/WG17

  CN22/GE17 activity is likely to resume when "13211-1 Prolog General
  Core" is revisited.

SC22/WG19

  No group.

SC22/WG20

  No meeting, work by email. No major contribution to WG20.

SC22/WG21

  CN22/GE21 met five times over the period, and works by email. 
  GE21 contributes to WG21, and attended all its meetings. France
  hosted the March 1998 WG21 meeting in 1998 with tha support of 
  University of Nice and ILOG.

Pierre Parquier
France HoD to SC22

_______________________ end of SC22 N2788 ____________________________