Subject: SC22 N2787 - Austria National Body Activity Report for Plenary

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 16:22:03 -0400 (EDT)

__________________ beginning of title page ______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2787

TITLE:
Austria National Body Activity Report for the August 1998 JTC 1/SC22
Plenary

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-08-05

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Activity Report

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
Discussion of this document will be an agenda item for the August 1998 JTC
1/SC22 Plenary.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

____________ end of title page; beginning of report ___________________

                  Austrian National Body Report
                 to the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary
                      August 23rd-27th, 1998

  In Austria, standardization activities are coordinated by ON
(Oesterreichisches Normungsinstitut).  The mirror group of ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC22 is called AG 001.5.  It is a very small group, making it
impossible to follow all the international developments.  However,
at least some of the documents can be processed, and there is
active participation in some working groups, most notably Fortran
(by Gerhard and David Schmitt) and Modula-2 (by Martin Schoenhacker,
who is the current convener).

  It is still hoped that industry will eventually start to
participate in this Austrian mirror group, but so far the members
all come from academia.  This causes problems in particular with
funding, which is also the reason that Austria will unfortunately
not be represented at this year's SC22 Plenary meeting.

  On a personal note, I regret that I shall be unable to attend the
Plenary this year.  I do hope to join in again in 1999.  In
addition, I would like to remind SC22 of the invitation to Vienna
for the year 2001.  I do hope to be able to welcome you all in
Austria in that year.  Best wishes for a successful meeting!

                                Dr Martin Schoenhacker
                                Austrian HoD to SC22
                   
_________________ end of SC22 N2787 _________________________