Subject: SC22 N2781 - Summary of Voting on IS 9945-1, PDAM7 - POSIX Advanced , Realtime Extensions (C Language)

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 17:31:46 -0400 (EDT)

_____________________ beginning of title page _______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2781

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on PDAM Approval for PDAM7 to IS 9945-1: Information
technology - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Part 1: System
Application Program Interface (API) - Amendment 7: Advanced Realtime
Extensions (C Language)

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-08-03

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.21.04.01.01

STATUS:
WG15 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDAM.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI to SC22 Member Bodies
ACT to WG15

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2678

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

__________ end of title page; beginning of overall summary ____________

                          SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference:  SC22 N2678
Issued by:                JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:         1998-04-07
Closing Date:             1998-07-24

SUBJECT:  PDAM Approval for PDAM7 to IS 9945-1: Information technology -
Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Part 1: System Application
Program Interface (API) - Amendment 7: Advanced Realtime Extensions (C
Language)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
          without comment                       11

"P" Members supporting approval
          with comments                          3

"P" Members not supporting approval              2

"P" Members abstaining                           1

"P" Members not voting                           5

"O" Members supporting approval
          without comments                       1

"O" Members abstaining                           1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

WG15 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDAM.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from France was:  "Due to
lack of resources."  The comment accompanying the abstention vote from
Sweden was: "Due to lack of expertise."

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from Canada was:  "We
recommend the substitution of the current IEEE draft."  The comments
accompanying the affirmative votes from Netherlands and the USA and the
comments accompanying the negative votes from Germany and the United
Kingdom are attached.

__________ end of overall summary; beginning of detail summary ______

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.21.04.01.01

SUBJECT:  PDAM Approval for PDAM7 to IS 9945-1: Information technology -
          Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Part 1: System
          Application Program Interface (API) - Amendment 7: Advanced
          Realtime Extensions (C Language)
          
Reference Document No:  N2678           Ballot Document No:  N2678
Circulation Date:       04-07-1998      Closing Date:  07-24-1998 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P                   Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                      Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Belgium                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Brazil                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
China                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Denmark                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Germany                 ( )      (X)       ( )       (X)       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
Norway                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                      ( )      (X)       ( )       (X)       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                     (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )

'O' Members Voting

Korea Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )

__________ end of overall summary; beginning of Germany Comments ______

Germany disapproves with the following comment:

We understand that BSI/U.K. is preparing a set of comments.  Our vote will
automatically change to approval when these comments will have been
satisfactorily resolved.

DDN, Berlin,  1998-07-10

______ end of Germany Comments; beginning of Netherlands Comments _____

From:  John Bijlsma ([email-masked])
Subject:  NNI's votes for ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC22 N2678

APPROVAL WITH COMMENTS:

Also the latest version of IS 9945-1, namely ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996, is
proposed to be mentioned in par 1.2 on Normative References this Amendment
still is composed as changes to the 1990-version of IS 9945-1 (compare
page VI of this PDAM)  The comment of the Netherlands is that the proposed
changes in an Amendment should refer to the contents of the latest version
of a base document.

Furtheron the Netherlands wonder why in a ISO/IEC document a draft of an
IEEE document should be referenced as is proposed on page 2 of this PDAM
concerning document IEEE P1003.1d/D10.

A latest comment deals with the use of the undeclared item "POSIX.1" on
page 1 of this PDAM.

___________ end of Netherlands comments; beginning of UK comments _____