Subject: SC22 N2762 - WG20 Resolutions - PLENARY AGENDA ITEM

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:35:24 -0400 (EDT)

___________________ beginning of title page ________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2762

TITLE:
Resolutions of SC22/WG20 (Internationalization) Meeting on June 15-19,
1998 in Dublin, Ireland

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-07-07

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Resolutions of WG20 Meeting

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
Please note that Resolution R9806-03 will be an action item for the August
1998 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary

ACTION IDENTIFIED:
ACT on Resolution R9806-03 at Plenary
FYI on other Resolutions

DUE DATE:
August 1998 SC22 Plenary

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

________________ end of title page; beginning of resolutions _________

                  ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22/WG20 Resolutions
                     Dublin meeting 1998-06-15/19

Source: 	ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20
Date: 	        1998-06-19
Status: 	Approved unanimously unless otherwise noted.

Resolution R9806-01: Meeting Schedule 

WG20 resolves to have the following meeting schedule:

1998-10-18/22: Tel Aviv, Israel
1999-05-03/07: Malvern, USA
1999-H2: Denmark 
2000-05: Québec, Canada

Resolution R9806-02: Liaison to the Unicode Technical Committee

WG20 approves to seek a C liaison with the Unicode Technical Committee,
and requests the WG20 convener to prepare a document for email approval
by WG20 to be send out by 1998-07-17, and approved by email by WG20 by
1998-08-10.

Resolution R9806-03: Revision of TR 10176

WG20 resolves to ask SC22 to revise TR 10176 to make annex A - list of
characters of identifiers - easily updatable.

Resolution R9806-04: Progressing of ISO/IEC 14651

The editing group is the people attending the Dublin 1998 meeting.
a. The draft disposition of comments will be delivered at the end of
June 1998 by the editor.
b. The editing group will comment on this by the end of July 1998.
c. The editor will issue the final disposition of comments by end of
August 1998.  The editor will resolve any divergence on the disposition
of comments.
d. The editor will deliver the new document by mid September 1998.

This document will be handled in the October 1998 meeting.
The document will then be sent for the second FCD ballot.
The documents will be posted to the restricted WG20 web page only.

Resolution R9806-05: Title of 14652

WG20 resolves to request SC22 to change the name of the ISO/IEC 14652
standard from "Specification for cultural conventions" to "Specification
method for cultural conventions".

Resolution R9806-06: Progressing of ISO/IEC 14652

The editing group is the people attending the Dublin 1998 meeting.
a. The draft disposition of comments will be delivered at the end of
July 1998 by the editor.
b. The editing group will comment on this by 1998-08-21.
c. The editor will issue the final disposition of comments by
1998-09-10.  The editor will resolve any divergence on the disposition
of comments.
d. The editor will deliver the new draft by 1998-09-21.

This draft will be handled in the October 1998 meeting.
The documents will be posted to the restricted WG20 web page only.

Resolution R9806-07: Progressing of ISO/IEC 15435

The editor will provide a new working draft for the October 1998
meeting.

Resolution R9806-08: Representation at the JTC 1 CLATD ad hoc planning
meeting

WG20 appoints Alain LaBonté, Keld Simonsen and Arnold Winkler as the
WG20 representatives to the JTC 1 planning committee for the ad hoc
meeting on the cultural and linguistic adaptability and user interfaces
TD.

Resolution R9806-09: Annex on character properties in UCS

WG20 resolves to instructs it SC2/WG2 liaison, Arnold Winkler, to
propose to SC2/WG2 to make a new normative annex in ISO/IEC 10646
containing information on character properties.
    Denmark against.

Resolution R9806-10: Liaison with SC35

WG20 wants to continue its cooperation on the subject matters of the new
SC35 and its working groups, and reconfirms that Alain LaBonté is the
liaison from WG20. WG20 requests SC22 to confirm this liaison.

Resolution R9806-11: Liaison with SC32/WG3

WG20 wants to continue its cooperation on the subject matters of
SC32/WG3, and appoints Ken Whistler as its liaison. WG20 requests SC22
to confirm this liaison.

Resolution R9806-12: Thanks

ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20 thanks

- University College Dublin, especially Michael E. Walsh and Marion
Gunn; and Michael Everson for their hospitality and support, including
the Internet service.
- Keld Simonsen, Masayuki Takata, Michael Everson and Ken Whistler for
drafting the resolutions.
- Arnold Winkler for taking minutes and chairing the Dublin meeting.
Approved with applause.

_____________________ end of SC22 N2762 ____________________________