Subject: SC22 N2751 - Pascal Project Editors Report - PLENARY AGENDA ITEM

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:53:45 -0400 (EDT)

_________________ beginning of title page _____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2751

TITLE:
Pascal Project Editor Report for the August 1998 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary -
PLENARY AGENDA ITEM

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-07-02

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Project Editor Report

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.08, JTC 1.22.19

STATUS:
This docusment will be on the agenda for discussion at the August 1998 JTC
1/SC22 Plenary

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

____________ end of title page; beginning of report __________________

        PASCAL REPORT TO SC22 PLENARY                  July 1998

The current versions of the Pascal and Extended Pascal standards are
under maintenance within J9; no major development is contemplated at
present.  A significant new implementation of Extended Pascal has been
made available.
 
 Status of Standards:
 
Project 22.08: The current standard is ISO/IEC 7185:1990, Information
technology, Programming languages - Pascal.  (That is, unextended
Pascal.) 
This standard is very well established.  In a recent ballot, J9 voted to
recommend to NCITS that the US implementation be reaffirmed as the Pascal
standard.

Project 22.19: The current standard is ISO/IEC 10206:1991, Information
technology, Programming languages - Extended Pascal.  J9 do not at
present anticipate any development of this standard, apart from some
clarificiation and minor corrections.

Other matters:
 
An implementation of ISO/IEC 10206 Extended Pascal, including the Object
Oriented additions defined in the Technical Report (ANSI X3.TR-13.1994), 
is now available for Windows NT and WIndows 95.  It complements earlier
versions for OS/2 and DOS.  (The latter does not have Objects.)

No SC22 actions relating to Pascal are requested at this time. 

Tony Hetherington
Project Editor

___________________ end of SC22 N2751 _____________________________