Subject: SC22 N2734 - Finland National Body Activity Report

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:32:54 -0400 (EDT)

_________________ beginning of title page __________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2734

TITLE:
Finland National Body Activity Report for the August 1998 SC22 Plenary

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-06-12

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Activity Report

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
Discussion of this document will be an agenda item for the August 1998 JTC
1/SC22 Plenary

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_______________ end of title page; beginning of report ______________

Finland National Activity Report to the Plenary Meeting of ISO/IEC
                     JTC1/SC22, August 24-27, 1998

The Finnish Standardisation Association (SFS) is a national member body
of ISO. Based on the agreement between SFS, Information Technology
Development Center (ITDC) and Finnish Data Communication Association
(FDCA), ITDC and FDCA form together a standardisation agency, which is
responsible for the most JTC1 activities. The Steering Committee of the
agency has delegated the practical work to  the external or internal
organisational units.

The organisational unit responsible for the SC22 work is Tampere
University of Technology, Information Technology (Pori). It is
co-ordinating the work in the scope of SC22; the activities can be
classified as follows

* To follow international activities in as broad sector as possible

* To participate into the international work in such topics which are in
the interest of some organisations or individuals. 

No formal national WG-level activities exist in SC22 area.

____________________ end of SC22 N2734 ____________________________