Subject: SC22 N2707 - Announcement of ECMAScript Ballot Resolution Meeting

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 17:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

_________________ beginning of title page ____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2707

TITLE:
Announcement of Ballot Resolution Meeting for ISO/IEC DIS 16262 -
Information technology - Programming languages, their environments and
system software interfaces

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-05-01

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Announcement of Ballot Resolution Meeting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.16262

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI or ACT to SC22 Member Bodies, as applicable

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2574, N2706

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

________  end of title page; beginning of announcement ___________________

SUBJECT:  Announcement of Ballot Resolution Meeting for ISO/IEC DIS 16262:
          Information technology - Programming languages, their
          environments and system software interfaces - ECMAScript: A
          general purpose, cross-platform programming language
 
Topic: DIS 16262 ECMAScript Date: Monday, June 15, 1998, 9:00am - 5:00pm

Location: Sun Microsystems, Menlo Park, California

Convener: Bob Mathis, [email-masked]

Hosts: Gary Robinson and Karl Matzke, [email-masked]

Project Editor: Mike Cowlishaw, [email-masked]

Currently Available Comments: http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/tc39/

Preliminary Discussion: [email-masked],
http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/JSG

There will be an ISO/IEC Ballot Resolution Meeting on DIS 16262 ECMAScript
hosted by Sun Microsystems at Sun's campus in Menlo Park, California, USA,
on Monday, June 15, 1998, at 9:00am local time. This location is south of
the San Francisco airport and north of the San Jose airport. Details about
the meeting room will be provided later (when an estimate of attendance can
be made). There are numerous hotels in the area and no particular
recommendations are being made. (The host could provide some assistance to
anyone needing it.)

The Ballot has closed on DIS 16262 ECMAScript. The ITTF Table of Replies is
currently only available in paper form, but will soon be converted to an
appropriate electronic format for wider distribution. Some of the comments
are already available at http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/tc39/. ECMA TC-39 (the
originating group) has scheduled a meeting for May 15 to review the
comments and draft preliminary replies in preparation for the ISO/IEC
Ballot Resolution Meeting. TC-39's reactions will be posted at both sites
mentioned above.

All ISO/IEC member bodies are encouraged to participate by sending
delegations to this Ballot Resolution Meeting. Countries that voted NO are
expected to send delegations. Countries that submitted comments are
strongly encouraged to send delegations.

Delegation lists should be provided to the Convener (Bob Mathis,
[email-masked]) and host (Karl Matzke, [email-masked])
sufficiently in advance of the meeting to make proper arrangements.

The comments currently available electronically can be viewed at
http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/tc39/. That list will be updated with
additional information as it becomes available. ISO/IEC discussion in
advance of the meeting will be conducted on the SC22 Java Study Group
mailing list: [email-masked]. Information about subscribing to that list
is available at http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/JSG. 

The agenda will consist essentially of discussion of the comments. A
detailed agenda will be developed based on ECMA TC-39's initial responses
to the comments. The detailed agenda will be posted at
http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/JSG and mailed to [email-masked]. Potential
delegates and interested national committees should subscribe to that list
and/or check that Web site. Any other updated information about the meeting
will also be sent to that list.

Requests for additional information and/or other questions should be
directed to the Convener: Bob Mathis, [email-masked] (or
+1-614-538-9232 or [email-masked]).

__________________  end of SC22 N2707 _______________________________