Subject: SC22 N2597 - First Draft Agenda for SC22 Plenary

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:47:13 -0400 (EDT)

(Note:  According to my email provider, the transmission of this document
may not have been completed.  This is a retransmission.)

_________________ beginning of title page ________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2597

TITLE:
First Draft Agenda for the Eleventh Plenary Meeting of JTC 1/SC22 on
August 24-28, 1998 in Charlottenlund, Denmark

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-04-23

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Draft Agenda

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DOCUMENT FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone: +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_________________ end of title page; beginning of agenda ___________

             ELEVENTH PLENARY MEETING OF ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
                        CHARLOTTENLUND,  DENMARK
                           AUGUST 24-28, 1998

                           FIRST DRAFT AGENDA

Location: Danish Standards Association
          Kollegievej 6
          DK-2920 Charlottenlund
          Denmark

I.   OPENING OF MEETING

2.   CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

3.   ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

4.   APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

5.   ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA

6.   REPORT OF THE SECRETARY
     Document N2696

     6.1  SC22 Project Information
          Document N2696

     6.2  Outstanding Actions From the Tenth Plenary of SC22
          Document N2574

     6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents

     6.4  Status of SC22 Secretariat

7.   ACTIVITY REPORTS

     7.1  Report from the Chairman

     7.2  National Reports
          (Written reports to be submitted by Heads of Delegation,
          presentation up to 5 minutes)

     7.3  Liaison Reports - External to ISO/IEC JTC 1

          7.3.1     CCE -     Commission of the European Communities

          7.3.2     CIRF -    International Institution for Production
                              Engineering Research

          7.3.3     ECMA -    European Computer Manufacturers Association

          7.3.4     EWICS -   European Workshop on Industrial Computer
                              Systems

          7.3.5     IFIP -    International Federation for Information
                              Processing

          7.3.6     ITU -     International Telecommunication Union

     7.4  Report of Liaison Officers

          7.4.1     Liaison Officer to SC 1 -          to be determined

          7.4.2     Liaison Officer to SC 2 -          J. Van Wingen

          7.4.3     Liaison Officer to SC 7 -          to be determined

          7.4.4     Liaison Officer to SC27 -          to be determined

          7.4.5     Liaison Officer to SC 29 -         R. Mathis

8.   WORKING GROUP BUSINESS PLANS AND REPORTS

     (Written reports to be submitted by Conveners before presentation.
     Presentation up to 15 minutes.  Reports for this Plenary will include
     the Business Plan required by JTC 1.)

     8.1  WG3 - APL                               L. Dickey

     8.2  WG4 - COBOL                             A. Wallace

     8.3  WG5 - Fortran                           M. Ellis

     8.4  WG9 - Ada                               J. Moore

     8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques               W. Wakker

     8.6  WG13 - Modula-2                         M. Schoenhacker

     8.7  WG14 - C                                J. Benito

     8.8  WG15 - POSIX                            J. Isaak

          8.8.1  Future of WG15
                 Document N2685

     8.9  WG16 - Lisp                             P. Parquier

     8.10 WG17 - Prolog                           R. Scowan

     8.11 WG19 - Formal Specificiation Languages  J. Wordsworth

     8.12 WG20 - Internationalization             A. Winkler

     8.13 WG21 - C++                              T. Plum

     8.14 WG22 - PCTE                             R. Minot

     8.15 SC22/JSG                                R. Mathis

9.   PROJECT EDITOR REPORTS

     9.1  Basic                                   T. Kurtz

     9.2  FIMS                                    D. Frantz

     9.3  Pascal                                  T. Hetherington

     9.4  PL/I                                    J. Klensin

10.  AD HOC MEETINGS (as required)

11.  ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

     11.1 Cultural Adaptability Workshop Recommendations

     11.2 JTC 1 Ad Hoc on Implementing Information Technology Results

     11.3 JTC 1 Ad Hoc on Procedures Issues

     11.4 SC22 Business Plan

12.  SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

     12.1 Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule

     12.2 Standards for Periodic Review
          Document N2674

          12.2.1    ISO 8485:1989 - Programming Language APL

          12.2.2    ISO/IEC 1539-2:1994 - Fortran, Part 2: Varying Length
                    Character Strings

          12.2.3    ISO/IEC 11430:1994 - Generic Package of Elementary
                    Functions for Ada

          12.2.4    ISO/IEC 11729:1994 - Generic Package of Primitive
                    Functions for Ada

          12.2.5    ISO/IEC 10967-1:1994 - Language Independent Arithmetic
                    - Part 1: Integer and Floating Point Arithmetic

          12.2.6    ISO/IEC 13210:1994 - Test Methods for Measuring
                    Conformance to POSIX

          12.2.7    ISO/IEC 11730:1994 - Form Interface Management System (FIMS)

          12.2.8    ISO 6373:1984 - Programming Language Minimal BASIC

     12.3 Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years
          of NP Approval

     12.4 Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four Years
          of Reaching CD

     12.5 Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

          12.5.1    WG15 (Mr. Isaak)
                    Document N2685

          12.5.2    WG22 (Mr. Minot)

          12.5.3    JSG (Mr. Mathis)

13.  OTHER BUSINESS

14.  APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

15.  ADJOURNMENT         

__________________ end of SC22 N2697 ____________________