Subject: SC22 N2679 - Venue Information/Draft Agenda for WG5 June Meeting

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:21:53 -0500 (EST)

___________________ beginning of title page _________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2679

TITLE:
Venue Information and Draft Agenda for SC22/WG5 (Fortran) Meeting on June
8-12, 1998 in TrollhSttan, Sweden

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-03-14

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Venue Information and Draft Agenda

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_____________ end of title page; beginning of text ___________________

                              VENUE INFORMATION

                        Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5
                                 June 8-12, 1998

                      University of Trollhättan/Uddevalla
                               Trollhättan, Sweden

The next meeting of WG5 will be held at the University of Trollhättan/ 
Uddevalla from 8th to 12th June 1998.  Details of booking and travel
arrangements appear overleaf.

The major items of business are the review of current progress by the  
Primary Development Body, NCITS/J3, towards the development of the content
of the Fortran 2000, and the revision of WG5's Strategic Plan for the
period covering the development of the Fortran 2000 Standard, and beyond.
In particular, now that two of the three Technical Reports on which work
was authorised in 1995 are expected to be published around the time of the
meeting, it is appropriate to determine how best to speed up the
standardization of new features in response to market demand.  Depending
on the results of the current Registration and FCD ballots on Part 3 of
the Fortran Standard, and on the DTR ballots for the two above-mentioned
Technical Reports, it may be necessary to review comments received and
determine appropriate action.

Heads of delegations are reminded that both the Convenor and the host  
(via the local contact, Lars Mossberg - see overleaf) should be informed
of the members of their delegations no later than one month before the
start of the meeting.

Further information about the meeting is available via the World Wide Web  
at

                    http://www.thn.htu.se/wg5thn98/

or via WG5's own web pages (http//:www.etrc.ox.ac.uk/wg5.html), or may be
obtained directly from the Convenor:

    Dr Miles Ellis
    Director
    Educational Technology Resources Centre
    University of Oxford
    37 Wellington Square
    Oxford  OX1 2JF
    England

    Email:  [email-masked]

MEETING WEB PAGES:

A special web site has been established to provide up-to-date details  
about all aspects of the meeting, including travel, accommodation,
modifications to the agenda, etc.  It can be found at:

             http://www.thn.htu.se/wg5thn98/

MEETING LOCATION:

             University of Trollhättan/Uddevalla

Note:  This is about 300 metres from the recommended hotel.

ACCOMMODATION:

             Hotel Swania
             Storgatan 49
             Box 326
             461 27 TROLLHÄTTAN
             Sweden

             Tel: +46 - 520 - 125 70
             Fax: +46 - 520 - 397 02
             E-mail:  [email-masked]

You should mention that you are attending the WG5 meeting to obtain the  
special rate of 885kr (single) or 995kr (double).  There is a further
reduced rate of 585/735kr on Sunday night.

Note:  885kr is approximately £70 or $110.

TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS:

Trollhättan has its own airport, with regular flights to Stockholm.  However,
delegates arriving from outside Sweden will probably wish to fly into one  
of the following international airports and then travel on to Trollhättan
by air, rail or road, as appropriate.

1.  Gothenburg, Sweden:  Landvetter airport

A number of international airlines fly into Gothenburg Landvetter airport,
which is the nearest international airport to Trollhättan.  From the airport
you can get a taxi (limousine service) directly to the Hotel Swania in
Trollhättan.  Alternatively, you can get the airport bus to Gothenburg  
railway station, and then travel by train to Trollhättan.

2.  Stockholm, Sweden:  Arlanda airport

Many international airlines fly to Stockholm.  From there you can fly  
direct to Trollhättan  Malöga airport.  The hotel can be reached by taxi
from Trollhättan airport.

3.  Oslo, Norway:  Fornebu airport

Many international airlines fly to Oslo.  From Oslo you can get a  
connecting flight to Gothenburg, and then follow the instructions (above)
for getting to the hotel from there.  Alternatively, you can get a bus
from Fornebu airport to Oslo railway station, and then travel by train
directly to Trollhättan.

4.  Copenhagen, Denmark:  Kastrup airport

Many international airlines fly to Copenhagen.  From Copenhagen you can  
get a connecting flight to Gothenburg, and then follow the instructions
(above) for getting to the hotel from there.  Alternatively, you can get a
bus from Kastrup airport to Copenhagen railway station, and then travel by
train directly to Trollhättan (via a ferry).

More information about travel can be obtained via the special web site  
that is being established for the meeting;  its URL is
http://www.thn.htu.se/wg5thn98/

It is also hoped that it may be possible to arrange a special rate for the
limousine service from Gothenburg's Landvetter airport to the Hotel Swania.
Details will be posted on the meeting web pages referred to above.

LOCAL CONTACT:

This WG5 meeting is hosted by the Swedish Standards Institute, SIS, with  
Lars Mossberg as the local organizer.  He can be contacted as follows:

    Postal Address: Lars Mossberg
                    Hogskolan i Trollhättan/Uddevalla
                    Box 957
                    S-461 29 Trollhättan
                    SWEDEN

    Telephone:  +46 520-475064
    Fax:        +46 520-475098
    Email:      [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                             PRELIMINARY AGENDA

                     Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5

                              June 8-12, 1998

                    University of Trollhättan/Uddevalla
                            Trollhättan, Sweden

                     Monday, June 8      0900 - 1800
                     Tuesday, June 9     0900 - 1800
                     Wednesday, June 10  0900 - 1800
                     Thursday, June 11   0900 - 1800
                     Friday, June 12     0900 - 1300

1.  Opening of the Meeting:  9:00 am, June 8, 1998

2.  Opening business
    2.1  Introductory remarks from the Convenor
    2.2  Welcome from the Hosts
    2.3  Local arrangements
    2.4  Appointments for this meeting
    2.5  Adoption of the Agenda
    2.6  Approval of the Minutes of the Vienna Meeting [N1291]

3.  Matters arising from the minutes

4.  Status of Vienna Resolutions [N1290]

5.  Reports
    5.1  SC22 Matters (Convenor)
    5.2  National Activity Reports (Heads of Delegations)
    5.3  Report from Primary Development Body (NCITS/J3 Chair)
    5.4  Reports from other Development Bodies (Editors/Heads)
    5.5  Liaison Reports

6.  Update of WG5 Strategic Plan
    6.1  Procedures for post-Fortran 2000 Part 1
    6.2  Procedures for Parts 2+
    6.3  Procedures for "between revisions fast-track"
    6.4  Other issues

7.  Review of Progress on Fortran 2000
    7.1  Floating Point Exception Handling (as in DTR 15580)
    7.2  Allocatable Components (as in DTR 15581)
    7.3  Interoperability with C
    7.4  Asynchronous I/O
    7.5  Constructors/destructors
    7.6  Derived type I/O
    7.7  Inheritance
    7.8  Internationalization
    7.9  Interval arithmetic
    7.10 Parameterized derived types
    7.11 Polymorphism
    7.12 Procedure pointers
    7.13 Minor Technical Enhancements

8.  Other Technical Issues
    8.1  Fortran Part 2 (Varying Length Strings):  IS 1539-2:1994
    8.2  Fortran Part 3 (Conditional Compilation):  FCD 1539-2
    8.3  Technical Report on Floating Point Exception Handling:  DTR 15580
    8.4  Technical report on Enhanced Data Type Facilities:  DTR 15581
    8.5  Any other Technical Items

9.  Closing Business
    9.1  Future meetings
    9.2  Any other business

10. Adoption of Trollhättan Resolutions

11. Adjournment:  1 pm, June 12, 1998

______________________ end of SC22 N2679 ______________________________