Subject: SC22 N2657 - Vote Summary of Letter Ballot N2592 - Amendment 2 to 9945-1 POSIX C Binding

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:10:48 -0500 (EST)

__________________ beginning of title page ___________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2657

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on Proposed WG15 Record of Responses for Defect Reports
01 through 32 for Amendment 2 to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 - Information
technology - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - POSIX C Binding

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-02-13

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.21.04.01

STATUS:
The Record of Responses has been approved as published in document SC22
N2594

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2594

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_____________ end of title page; beginning of overall summary ________

                      SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2594
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1997-10-24
Closing Date:                1998-02-09

TITLE:
Proposed WG15 Record of Responses for Defect Reports 01 through 32 for
Amendment 1 to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 - Information technology - Portable
Operating System Interface (POSIX) - POSIX C Binding

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
            without comment                11

"P" Members supporting approval
            with comment                    1

"P" Members not supporting approval         0

"P" Members abstaining                      3

"P" Members not voting                      8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

The Record of Responses has been approved as published in document SC22
N2594.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was:  "Lack of
expert resources."  The comment accompanying the abstention vote from
Sweden was:  "Expert resources not available."

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the United Kingdom was:
"The UK approves the responses to the defect reports, however we have
concerns over how the defect information will be publicly available, and
requests that SC22 and WG15 address this issue."

Secretariat comment:  Based on the results of this letter ballot, document
SC22 N2594 is the publicly available publication of the defect reports.

________ end of overall summary; beginning of detail summary _________

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.21.04.01

SUBJECT:  Proposed WG15 Record of Responses for Defect Reports 01 through     
          32 for Amendment 2 ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 - Information   
          technology - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - POSIX
          C Binding
     
Reference Document No:  N2594           Ballot Document No:  N2594
Circulation Date:       10-24-1997      Closing Date:  02-09-1998 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments  Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria                 ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
China                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Germany                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Slovenia                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Sweden                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
UK                      (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

______________________ end of SC22 N2657 _________________________________