Subject: SC22 N2641 - Comment Disposition on DIS 13814 - Ada Generic Package of Complex Elementary Functions

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 16:08:19 -0500 (EST)

__________________ beginning of title page ____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2641

TITLE:
Disposition of Comments Report for ISO/IEC DIS 13814 - Information
technology - Programming languages - Generic Package of Complex Elementary
Functions in Ada

DATE ASSIGNED:
1998-01-06

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Disposition of Comments Report

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.10.05

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2581

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

___________________ end of title page; beginning of report _______________

             Disposition of Comments for ISO/IEC DIS 13814
Information technology - Programming languages - Generic Package of
                  Complex Elementary Functions in Ada

Japan Comments on the ISO/IEC DIS 13814

1)  International Standards given in Clause 2 seems incomplete.  Ada 95
is given but Ada 87 is not.  Since this is a secondary standard to Ada
87, its reference must be given in Clause 2.  ISO/IEC 13813 should also
be mentioned.

The project editor concurs with this comment.  The secondary standard
issue is covered by the statement "This International Standard is
applicable to programming environments conforming to ISO/IEC 8652:1987
and is relevant to the revised standard ISO/IEC 8652:1995."  The
reference to ISO/IEC 13813 has been added.

2)  In the main text of the Standard, other International Standards are
referred to as ISO/IEC xxxxx:yyyy including the established year.  This
seems inadequate and conflicting to the first paragraph of Clause 2. 
"yyyy" part should be dropped.

The project editor concurs with the request to drop the established year
from references to ISO standards.  The year is included only when a
distinction must be made between two editions of the same standard.

3)  In Notes of Clauses 12 and 13, the term "Ada Reference Manual" is
used.  This seems inadequate.  Official Standard name should be used.

The project editor concurs.  "Ada Reference Manual" has been changed to
ISO/IEC 8652:1987.

4)  In Annex B, ISO/IEC 13813:1966 is referred to, but this is obviously
incorrect.  That standard is not yet approved.

The project editor concurs.  The date has been removed.  Since this
standard and ISO/IEC 13813 are being processed at the same time, the
reference will be valid at publication time.

France Comments on ISO/IEC DIS 13814:

1)  Change the French title.

The project editor agrees that the French title should be modified as
suggested.  The project editor cannot implement this change since the
project editor is not responsible for the translation of the DIS 13814
title into other languages.  However, the project editor does hereby
recommend that ISO/IEC adopt the title suggested in this comment as the
French title for DIS 13814.

ISO Comments on ISO/IEC DIS 13814:

1) Editorial markups.

The project editor agrees with the editorial markups and has made the
changes.

Polish Committee for Standardization Comments on ISO/IEC DIS 13814:

1)  The final version of ISO/IEC 13814:1996 would be much more readable
if the same style of writing as in ISO/IEC 8652:1995 is adopted (i.e.
keywords in bold, etc.)

The project editor agrees and has done his best within the limitations
of LaTeX and the available Post Script printer fonts to get the ISO/IEC
8652 style, including keywords in bold.

___________________ end of SC22 N2641 __________________________