Subject: Document SC22 N2164

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 13:08:56 -0400 (EDT)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A. (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

N 2164

June 1996

TITLE:               Summary of Voting on Request to Subdivide Project
                     JTC 1.22.47 - PCTE

SOURCE:              Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:           JTC 1.22.47, JTC 1.22.47.5

STATUS:              N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:     SC22 N2030

DOCUMENT TYPE:       Summary of Voting

ACTION:              To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                     The request to subdivide Project JTC 1.22.47 to
                     include a new sub-project JTC 1.22.47.5 - IDL
                     Binding to PCTE has been approved.

Address reply to:

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22154  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
Email:  [email-masked]

_____________________________________________________________________________

SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2030
Circulated By:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            1996-02-02
Closing Date:                1996-05-26

SUBJECT:  Request to Subdivide Project JTC 1.22.47 - PCTE

The following responses have been received on the subject of subdivision:

"P" Members supporting subdivision (without comment)     13

"P" Members supporting subdivision (with comment)         0

"P" Members not supporting subdivision                    0

"P" Members abstaining                                    1

"P" Members not voting                                    7

Secretariat Action:

The request has been approved to subdivide Project JTC 1.22.47 to include
a new sub-project JTC 1.22.47.5 - IDL Binding to PCTE.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Sweden was:  "Due to
lack of expert resources".

The Secretariat has notified SC22/WG22 of this approval.

____________________________________________________________________________
                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC1.22.47

SUBJECT:  Request to Subdivide Project JTC 1.22.47 - PCTE

Reference Document No:  N2030           Ballot Document No:  N2030
Circulation Date:   1996-02-02                         Closing Date:  1996-05-26 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L              Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

             Approve   Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members
         
Australia     	(X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria  	(X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Belgium  	( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil          (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )    
Canada          ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic  (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
China           ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Denmark         ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Egypt           ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland         (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France          ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Germany         (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan           (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands     (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania         ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Slovenia        (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden          ( )       ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Switzerland     (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK              (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine         (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA             (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

'O' Members

Argentina       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Bulgaria        ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Cuba            ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Greece          ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Hungary         ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Iceland         ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
India           ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Indonesia       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Italy           ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Korea Rep       (X)       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
New Zealand     ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway          ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Poland          ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal        ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
Russian fed     ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Singapore       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Thailand        ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Turkey          ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )