Subject: SC22 N2595 - Vote Summary of FCD 13210 - POSIX

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 17:30:40 -0400 (EDT)

_____________________ beginning of title page ________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2595

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on CD Approval for Final CD (FCD) 13210 - Information
technology - Requirements and Guidelines for Test Methods Specificiations
and Test Method Implementations for Measuring Conformance to POSIX
Standards (Revision of IS 13210:1994)

DATE ASSIGNED:
1997-10-20

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

PROJECT NUMBER:
JTC 1.22.33

STATUS:
WG15 is requested to make a recommendation on the further processing of
the FCD taking into consideration the comment accompanying the affirmative
vote from the USA.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
ACT to WG15
FYI to SC22 Member Bodies

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2459

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_____________ end of title page; beginning of ballot summary _____________

                      SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2459
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            05-28-1997
Closing Date:                10-12-1997

SUBJECT:  CD Approval for Final CD (FCD) 13210: Information technology -
          Requirements and Guidelines for Test Methods Specifications and
          Test Method Implementations for Measuring Conformance to POSIX
          Standards (Revision of IS 13210:1994)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
       without comment                  14

"P" Members supporting approval
       with comment                      1

"P" Members not supporting approval      0

"P" Members abstaining                   3

"P" Members not voting                   5

"O" Members supporting approval
       without comment                   1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secretariat Action:

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was "Lack of
expert resources".  The comment accompanying the abstention vote from
Canada was "Lack of technical expertise".

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the USA was:  "The USNB
would point out that the version of this document that is subsequently
balloted as the DIS should be the appropriate IEEE Standard to be in
compliance with the approved JTC 1/SC22 Synchronization Plan."

WG15 is requested to make a recommendation on the further processing of
the FCD taking into consideration the comment accompanying the affirmative
vote from the USA.

______ end of ballot summary; beginning of detailed ballot results _____

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.33

SUBJECT:  CD approval for Final CD 13210: Information technology -
          Requirements and Guidelines for Test Methods Specifications and  
          Test Method Implementations for Measuring Conformance to POSIX
          Standards (Revision of IS 13210:1994)
          
Reference Document No:  N2459           Ballot Document No:  N2459
Circulation Date:   05-28-1997          Closing Date:  10-12-1997 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria                 ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Brazil                  ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )    
Canada                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
China                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Egypt                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ireland                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Japan                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Sweden                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
UK                      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
USA                     (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )

'O' Members Voting

Korea Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal                ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
                         
____________________ end of SC22 N2595 __________________________________