Subject: N2572 - Approval SC22 Plenary Agenda

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:44:14 -0400 (EDT)

__________________ beginning of title page __________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2572

TITLE:
Approved Agenda for the Tenth Plenary Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 on
August 18-21, 1997 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

DATE ASSIGNED:
1997-08-27

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
N/A

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

____________________ end of title page; beginning of agenda ________

               TENTH PLENARY MEETING OF ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
                         OTTAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA
                           AUGUST 18-21, 1997

                               FINAL AGENDA

Location:      Federal Government Conference Center
               2 Rideau Street
               Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

1.   OPENING OF MEETING

2.   CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

3.   ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

4.   APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

5.   ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
     Document N2572

6.   REPORT OF THE SECRETARIAT
     Document  N2417, N2357, N2451

     6.1  SC22 Project Information
          Document N2452

     6.2  Outstanding Actions from the Ninth Plenary of SC22
          Document N2299, N2301

     6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents
          Document N2550

     6.4  Relinquishment of SC22 Secretariat
          Document N2519

7.   ACTIVITY REPORTS

     7.1  Report from the Chairman
          Document N2321, N2331, N2365, N2368, N2431, N2462, N2510, N2511

     7.2  National Reports
          (Written reports to be submitted by Heads of Delegation;  
          presentation up to 5 minutes)
          Document N2548, N2553, N2554, N2555, N2556, N2559, N2560, N2563,  
          N2564, N2565

     7.3  Liaison Reports - External to ISO/IEC JTC 1

          7.3.1  CCE -   Commission of the European Communities            

          7.3.2  CIRF -  International Institutions for Production 
                         Engineering Research

          7.3.3  ECMA -  European Computer Manufacturers Association

          7.3.4  EWICS - European Workshop on Industrial Computer Systems

          7.3.5  IFIP -  International Federation for Information  
                         Processing

          7.3.6  ITU -   International Telecommunication Union

     7.4  Report of Liaison Officers

          7.4.1  Liaison Officer to SC2 -           J. Van Wingen
                 Document N2558

          7.4.2  Liaison Officer to SC7 -           J. Cote

          7.4.3  Liaison Officer to SC21 -          I. Korn

          7.4.4  Liaison Officer to SC1 -           to be determined

          7.4.5  Liaison Officer to SC27 -          to be determined

8.   WORKING GROUP BUSINESS PLANS AND REPORTS
     Document  N2402, N2416

     (Written report to be submitted by Conveners before presentation.   
     Presentation up to 15 minutes.  Reports for this Plenary will include  
     the Business Plan required by JTC 1.)
     
     8.1  WG3 - APL                                 L. Dickey
          Document N2566

     8.2  WG4 - COBOL                               A. Wallace
          Document N2549

     8.3  WG5 - Fortran                             M. Ellis
          Document N2533

          8.3.1  Request for Appointment of Project Editor for Revision  
                 of ISO/IEC 1539-1:1997 (Under Project JTC 1.22.02.01.01)
                 Document N2533

          8.3.2  Request to Extend Scope of Project JTC 1.22.02.02
                 Document N2533

          8.3.3  Request for Approval for Concurrent CD Registration and  
                 CD Ballot for Project JTC 1.22.02.02
                 Document N2533

     8.4  WG9 - Ada                                 J. Moore
          Document N2479, N2493

          8.4.1  Request for Approval of Concurrent CD Registration and 
                 FCD Ballot for Project JTC 1.22.15291
                 Document N2479, N2493

          8.4.2  Request for Approval of Project Editors for Projects JTC
                 1.22.10.01 and JTC 1.22.31
                 Document N2493

          8.4.3  Public Availability of Technical Corrigenda for ISO/IEC  
                 8652:1995
                 Document N2528

          8.4.4  Request to Add Postscript to List of Acceptable                 
                 Distribution Formats
                 Document N2537

     8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques                   W. Wakker
          Document N2538, N2540

          8.5.1  Request for Appointment of Project Editor for Projects  
                 JTC 1.22.28,  JTC 1.22.33 and JTC 1.22.34
                 Document N2545

     8.6  WG13 - Modula-2                             M. Schoenhacker
          Document N2482

          8.6.1  Request for Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot  
                 for Project JTC 1.22.15436
                 Document N2482
 
     8.7  WG14 - C                                    J. Benito
          Document N2485

     8.8  WG15 - POSIX                                J. Isaak
          Document N2486

          8.8.1  Request for Appointment of WG15 Project Editors
                 Document N2486

          8.8.2  Request for Withdrawal of Project JTC 1.22.21.01.03.01  
                 and JTC 1.22.14515
                 Document N2486

          8.8.3  Approval of Revised WG15 Synchronization Plan
                 Document N2486, N2487

     8.9  WG16 - Lisp                                 P. Parquier
          Document N2529

     8.10 WG17 - Prolog                               R. Scowen
          Document N2503

     8.11 WG19 - Formal Specification Languages       D. Andrews
          Document N2543

     8.12 WG20 - Internationalization                 A. Winkler
          Document N2492, N2547

          8.12.1 Request for Title Change of Project JTC 1.22.30.02.02
                 Document N2492

          8.12.2 Request for Appointment of Project Editor for Project  
                 JTC 1.22.15435
                 Document N2492

          8.12.3 Request for Approval of Concurrent Registration and  
                 Approval Ballots for Project JTC 1.22.15435
                 Document N2492

     8.13 WG21 - C++                                  T. Plum
          Document N2483

     8.14 WG22 - PCTE                                 R. Minot
          Document N2484

          8.14.1 Request to Withdraw Project JTC 1.22.47.4
                 Document N2484

          8.14.2 Future of WG22
                 Document N2484

     8.15 SC22/JSG                                    R. Mathis
          Document N2455, N2534

9.   PROJECT EDITOR REPORTS

     9.1  Basic                                       T. Kurtz
          
          9.1.1  Technical Corrigendum 1 to ISO/IEC 10279:1991 -  
                 Programming Language Basic - Reconsideration
                 Document N2442

     9.2  FIMS                                        D. Frantz
          
     9.3  Pascal                                      T. Hetherington
          Document N2501

     9.4  PL/I                                        J. Klensin
          Document N2488

10.  AD HOC MEETINGS (as required)

11.  ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

     11.1 JTC 1 Ad Hoc on Implementing Information Technology
          Document N2431, N2511, N2526

          11.1.1  JTC 1 Policy for Electronic Distribution Using the World  
                  Wide Web
                  Document N2293, N2366, N2431, N2512, N2513, N2514, N2569    

          11.1.2  Results of Questionnaire Regarding Server-Based  
                  Distribution Within SC22
                  Document N2478

          11.1.3  Justification for SC22 Standards Development Document  
                  Formats
                  Document N2511, N2512, N2571

     11.2  JTC 1 Ad Hoc on Reengineering
           Document N2331, N2462, N2510

           11.2.1  Status of JTC 1 "Special Actions" Recommendations
                   Document N2393, N2405, N2418, N2552, N2570

           11.2.2  Procedures for Maintenance of Mature Standards
                   Document N2373, N2374, N2509, N2567

     11.3  JTC 1/SWG-GII
           Document N2346, N2368, N2386, N2385, N2561

     11.4  ISO Copyright and Document Distribution Policies
           Document N2294, N2432, N2434, N2440
     
     11.5  NP Acceptance Criteria
           Document N2415

     11.6  Revised JTC 1 Directives - Modification of DIS Balloting  
           Procedures             
           Document N2359, N2408, N2410

     11.7  SC22 Business Plan
           Document N2551, N2568

     11.8  Joint Workshop on Registration of Metadata
           Document N2413

     11.9  Request from SC29 for Liaison with SC22
           Document N2458

     11.10 Proposed JTC 1 Workshop on Cultural Adaptability
           Document SC22 N2508, N2510

12.  SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

     12.1  Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule
           Document N2299, N2495, N2562

     12.2  Standards for Periodic Review
           Document N2344

          12.2.1 ISO/IEC 9945-2: 1993 - POSIX, Part 2: Shell and Utilities
               
          12.2.2 ISO/IEC TR 10182:1993 - Binding Techniques for  
                 Programming Languages
 
     12.3  Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years
           of NP Approval
           Document N2448, N2486, N2492, N2538, N2543

     12.4  Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four Years
           of Reaching CD
          Document N2449

     12.5  Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

           12.5.1 WG3 (Dr. Dickey)

           12.5.2 WG4 (Ms. Wallace)

           12.5.3 WG15 (Mr. Isaak)
                  Document N2486

           12.5.4 WG17 (Mr. Scowen)
                  Document  N2503

           12.5.5 WG22 (Mr. Minot)
                  Document N2484

13.  OTHER BUSINESS

14.  APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

15.  ADJOURNMENT

________________________ end of SC22 N2572 _________________________