Subject: SC22 N2565 - Finland National Activity Report for Plenary

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:41:46 -0400 (EDT)

___________________ beginning of title page _________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2565

August 1997

TITLE:
Finland National Activity Report for the August 1997 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Finland National Activity Report

ACTION:
To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

________________ end of title page; beginning of report _______________

                       NATIONAL ACTIVITY REPORT
                           FINLAND (1997)

1.  Background

The Finnish Standardization Association (SFS) is a national member body of
ISO.  SES is a formal P-member of ISO/IEC JTC 1.  Information Technology
Development Centre (ITDC) and Finnish Data Communication Association
(FDCA) have made a tripate co-operation agreement with SFS.  According to
the agreement IDTC and FDCA form together a specialized agency responsible
for the most ISO (and other international standardization) activities.

The work is coordinated by the Steering Committee of the agency and in
practical level further delegated to the organizational units, which may
be internal or external.  Every JTC1's SC have been assigned to one
organizational unit.  SC 22 is assigned to the responsibility of Tampere
University of Technology / Information Technology (Pori).

2.  SC22 work in Finland

The work is based on the network of individual specialists and
organizations.  The activities can be classified as follows:

.  to follow international activities in as broad sector as possible

.  to participate in the international work in such topics, which are in
the interests of some individuals / organizations

In most cases the level of activity is the firstmentioned; however Finland
has norminated (more or less active) members to some of the SC22 WGs (WG3,
WG5, WG9, WG15, WG20, Java).

______________________ end of SC22 N2565 _____________________